Note to New Members ×

Okay I'm a old guy newbie

tooold

I am new to this site and a newly appointed/volunteered

head highschool snowboard coach. For the last three years I have watched our kids get whomped by carving /racing boards so I'm thinking there is something that we are missing. I have inherited (kind of) a couple of old racing boards that are probably too long, too fat or too old to use. I'm looking for an affordable used setup so I can lead by example. I race USASA and have been riding (not carving) for about ten years. I figure if I can show these kids that I can do it maybe they will to. Because high school kids have fairly limited budgets (as do I) I,m looking for some suggestions about getting some good but inexpensive stuff so I can generate some interest in the kids by providing some demo stuff. Any ideas?:

You should also check out the board/boot/binding reviews.

For boot sizing, centimeters are the best. It's much more precise, and you actually have to measure your foot instead of thinking "Well, I wear size 10 skate shoes so I'll just buy size 10 Hardboots" which will most likely get you boots that are too big.

Originally posted by CarvCanada

You should also check out the board/boot/binding reviews.

For boot sizing, centimeters are the best. It's much more precise, and you actually have to measure your foot instead of thinking "Well, I wear size 10 skate shoes so I'll just buy size 10 Hardboots" which will most likely get you boots that are too big.

I totally agree the single most important part of your interface is the boot foot pain is the pits or if a boot is too big the slop drops your riding down a few notches

I have a pair of step in TD1s I want to get rid of with a 3 degree cant a board is included really though the board is just something that is not that great I am asking 180 plus shipping

the board is a generics SL 159

19.7 cm waist 9.5 meter sidecut

it needs a good tune badly that board is really easy to ride but is just way to soft and short for my taste and is four or five years old if you are 170 lbs or less is should be a decent ride origionally it was for my girlfriend but she now has a new setup so it is just gathering dust

Guest Tim Tuthill

You are never TOO OLD!!! As one of the others said. Where are you? Many would be glad to give info. Read Jacks tech material. It will help anyone in alpine. Have a great winter learning this fantastic sport.

Guest Randy S.

Where are you TOOOLD? If in the Tahoe area, I'd love to connect and help out if possible. Email me. I'm an old flatulism also.

If you scour your local shops (ask them to look in back for old carving boards they never sold) plus keep an eye on the classifieds here and on Ebay, you should be able to find some good deals on equipment.