Note to New Members ×

Intec heels servicing?

SnoBear

OK, so I feel a bit silly asking this, but I have not been able to find any info on this subject.

Is there a need to service Intec heels? I have been riding my Intec heels for 4 years approximately 20-30 days a year. They work great still but I have had to walk through a few dirt parking lots. I just want to keep them working well (and safe). Any thoughts??

Thanks for the input in advance.

I've never had an issue, but I change the heels every 5 years or so to limit my risk. I also carry an old cable around as if I get a breakage in Canada then I'm going to be scratting around for a replacement. The outer gets banged up a lot but still works; the inners seem to run for ever.

another aspect of pozidriv and phillips heads screws is that it takes positive pressure to keep the screwdriver engaged... which can make you push the t-nuts loose inside yourt boot.

I messed up the metric t-nut in my boots so went with 10-32 socket head cap screws and t-nuts.

+1 for hex drive !

After haveing a cable break I always keep a spare on hand. I had no idea how may days were on this pair, as they were 2nd hand, but the cables will obviously wear. Upon intitial dissassembly it looked like some lube every couple of seasons may have extended the life as well as keep out some moisture. Be careful when taking them apart and they do come apart, but all in all it's not too complicated, just little springs, little parts in a small area.