Note to New Members ×

Out of line?

The snowboarders were kinda douchey but, punching somebody on the mountain is so monumentally out of line so the skier takes the prize for biggest douchebag of all. From what I could tell he was in the wrong anyway, as he and his family were overtaking from uphill anyway so it would have been their responsibility to yeild right of way. The snowboarders should have grabbed his skis when he took them off, and taken off for ski patrol and showed them the video of what he did. If he wanted his skis back, he would most certainly have had to lose his pass to get them.

I've got mixed feelings about the behaviors of both groups.

On that wide track (road?) it seems to me that the expectation is 'no big horsing around' unless you've got it pretty much to yourself... meaning immediate vicinity. Seems like 'gray hoodie boarder' drifted into the skier's comfort zone, making skier deviate to his left. Then the skier went straight at 'blue pants boarder' and apparently in a deliberate offensively, supposedly defensive move stiff armed 'blue pants'. Leading up to this moment the boarders seemed to be pretty chill, just having a good time (but perhaps a bit too much frolick in close quarters).

It seemed the skier and friend were already itching for the opportunity to be 'right at any cost'. It seems the skiers may have had the opportunity to go wide to the left of the playful boarders but instead chose to knowingly blow right thru the middle of the boarders.

Both sides of this could have said and done some things different to de-escalate the situation. It seems the skiers were looking for a fight before they came onto the boarders.

...hmmmm. Seems they were all violating skiers code from one moment to the next. Yes, yield to down hill riders but also once you have left the established trail you must yeild to riders on the trail when re-entering, yes? Mostly it just looks like a cluster fork of d-bags. I will admit though, it is amusing to watch middle aged white guys and white suburban teens trying to get all "gangsta" with each other.:lol::smashfrea

The assbag snowboarders started this by scaring the kids and/or the Dad. If it was my kids I might have done something similar, short of trying to fistfight the hipster/gangster/doucheboarders.

I have no sympathy for anyone dicking off around groups of kids and families and.....they weren't holding their line. They swooped out into the cat track.

Just because they were downhill doesn't mean it's ok to take the whole cat and have everyone else behind have to wait.

****ing jibbers anyway.

That's painting with a pretty wide brush. Douches are douches. Being a jibber has nothing to do with it.

+1 ... being jibbers has absolutely nothing to do with it.

From what I saw in the video, the goon squad was riding in a pack with nobody else around them, and then testosterone man and his offspring came up from behind them to overtake. You can clearly see testosterone man in the background, a good distance behind them in the first few moments of video (puffy jacket, giant wedge), later on he is right on top of them. He had the option to go around them to skiers left (like his offspring did) as they were mostly on the right hand side of the trail. Instead he skied right into their pack from behind - stupid. The goon squad may be a bunch of douchy white suburban wannabe gangsta dweebs, but they didn't really do anything to instigate the situation. Testosterone man decided he just didn't like them and was going to use this as an opportunity to demonstrate what a grade-a jackass he can be.

Testosterone man was looking to get into a fight. It was his choice to try and overtake on a cat track. It was his choice to ski right into their pack and punch the snowboarder, rather than ski by on the left where there was ample room. And finally, it was his choice to assault another person on the slope—making it absolutely incredible that he would start lecturing people on safety after demonstrating so clearly his total disinterest in the subject. I really don't think the goon squad did anything wrong, up until the moment when goon #1 decides to start disrobing in the middle of the trail and egg on testosterone man with his crotch-grabbing/chest thumping antics.

Testosterone man is probably luck that the majority of the goon-squad were more peace oriented than him, or he more than likely would have ended up getting the living crap kicked out of him just prior to getting tossed over the side of the cat track.

Overall, it was pretty amusing.

Ok, ok....I do paint with a broad brush. It's not that they are jibbers, it's just that they are *******s.

If the snowboarders hadn't been screwing off on a busy cat to begin with the whole situation would have been avoided.

The tape is chopped up a bit, don't you think? So how many close calls were edited out before this happened? There are some jump cuts for sure. What is missing is anyones' guess.

+1 ... being jibbers has absolutely nothing to do with it.

From what I saw in the video, the goon squad was riding in a pack with nobody else around them, and then testosterone man and his offspring came up from behind them to overtake. You can clearly see testosterone man in the background, a good distance behind them in the first few moments of video (puffy jacket, giant wedge), later on he is right on top of them. He had the option to go around them to skiers left (like his offspring did) as they were mostly on the right hand side of the trail. Instead he skied right into their pack from behind - stupid. The goon squad may be a bunch of douchy white suburban wannabe gangsta dweebs, but they didn't really do anything to instigate the situation. Testosterone man decided he just didn't like them and was going to use this as an opportunity to demonstrate what a grade-a jackass he can be.

Testosterone man was looking to get into a fight. It was his choice to try and overtake on a cat track. It was his choice to ski right into their pack and punch the snowboarder, rather than ski by on the left where there was ample room. And finally, it was his choice to assault another person on the slope—making it absolutely incredible that he would start lecturing people on safety after demonstrating so clearly his total disinterest in the subject. I really don't think the goon squad did anything wrong, up until the moment when goon #1 decides to start disrobing in the middle of the trail and egg on testosterone man with his crotch-grabbing/chest thumping antics.

Testosterone man is probably luck that the majority of the goon-squad were more peace oriented than him, or he more than likely would have ended up getting the living crap kicked out of him just prior to getting tossed over the side of the cat track.

Overall, it was pretty amusing.

that is, to a word, what I saw & was thinking :biggthump

The douchiness wasn't bad when the skiers were close. I really don't have a problem with people throwing crap off of hips on the side of cat tracks...It's entertaining when you have to glide for minutes on end.

I deal with that crap every day I ride- Mt High's theme song is Thugz Mansion by Tupac..

Too much "this is MY resort" attitude from the skier.

That dad is LUCKY not to have his butt kicked by a bunch of kid snowboarders. It would have sucked having it happen in front of his kids but he did strike first. Nice parenting job there.

"Just because they were downhill doesn't mean it's ok to take the whole cat and have everyone else behind have to wait.

****ing jibbers anyway."

Qoute by Carvedog

It doesn't look to me like those kids were doing anything outside of having a good time riding. There is nothing in that video that shows other wise. I have seen kids who are totally out of line being complete jerks. None of those kids were. That was just a case of a frustrated skier taking his agression out on a bunch of snowboarders because one of them may have gotten to close to one of his kids. The bottom line is yield to the downhill rider.

Actually, there are several times when the boarders leave the track and come back on without yeilding to those on the trail. In fact, one of those times is when the altercation happens. I'm not defending the "dad", but it illustrates when you ride/ski oblivious to your surroundings, trouble soon follows.

That dad is LUCKY not to have his butt kicked by a bunch of kid snowboarders. It would have sucked having it happen in front of his kids but he did strike first. Nice parenting job there.

It doesn't look to me like those kids were doing anything outside of having a good time riding. There is nothing in that video that shows other wise. I have seen kids who are totally out of line being complete jerks. None of those kids were. That was just a case of a frustrated skier taking his agression out on a bunch of snowboarders because one of them may have gotten to close to one of his kids. The bottom line is yield to the downhill rider.

OK to jt and some of the others defending these douchebags.

time in seconds: 13, 14

bluepants gorilla boy comes back into the cat road. Every single skier in the frame is wedging. First 01 Redhat swings wide to miss blue pants taking almost all the way to the left edge of the cat - there is a young skier coming on the outside too - trying to do a relatively safe pass.

Behind 01 red hat, gorilla blue pants is Gray Hoody who has to swerve to miss blue pants too. Behind Hoody is a young ?girl? in brown. Swerves right and gets cut off, she goes back to the left as Hoody cuts wide to do his little hit cutting her off again and forcing her to do two or three quick check turns.

At 17 seconds Gorilla boy cuts from center left of cat track to right side. Brief crotch close up at 18, 19 shows him on far right of cat track.

21 shows Gorilla boy at center cat cutting to the right again in front of douche dad. 23 seconds shows douche Dad throwing out the brakes as Gray Hoody comes from his right and Gorilla boy goes back to the right. Douche dad snaps and pushes him down.

I really can't believe you are defending these ****-for-brains ( is that better than jibbers? ) dirtbags. They were careless, reckless, inconsiderate and completely created the situation. I never said douche Dad was right to do what he did, but sometimes......when you act like an ass **** happens.

:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

There's one very obvious cut. Why did they cut whatever it was that caused the skier to ask them to slow down? Should we not expect to see the whole thing, unedited, if we're going to express an opinion on it?

Sure, the skier should not have lost his rag, nor should the shirt-removing wanker. But those things were caused by something we don't see, something which wound this chap up quite a lot.

What was that, and why don't they want us to see it?

There's one very obvious cut. Why did they cut whatever it was that caused the skier to ask them to slow down? Should we not expect to see the whole thing, unedited, if we're going to express an opinion on it?

Sure, the skier should not have lost his rag, nor should the shirt-removing wanker. But those things were caused by something we don't see, something which wound this chap up quite a lot.

What was that, and why don't they want us to see it?

This is true, it does look like something was cut out of the video. Either way, it still just looks like "when douchebags collide" to me.

Actually, there are several times when the boarders leave the track and come back on without yeilding to those on the trail. In fact, one of those times is when the altercation happens. I'm not defending the "dad", but it illustrates when you ride/ski oblivious to your surroundings, trouble soon follows.

True, but at no time were the boarders out of sight of the skiers behind them. We don't know what happened further up the hill, but as parent I would have recognized the people around me and protected my kid by not chasing them down the cat track.

Sometimes it is better to just wait a few minutes and let a group that large go.

The dad and his group were total douches and when his bluff was called, his ass couldn't/wouldn't cash the check his mouth wrote.

A millions ways better to handle this for sure...