Note to New Members ×

Suggested bindings for use with ski boots

Dawgman

Look for used TD2 + Suspension Kit in our classifieds.

Or used TD3 with soft (yellow) e-rings, but there probably aren't (m)any used ones for sale yet.

However your will need a wide front bail kit? At least with at boots. I always rode race plates when I was on ski boots. You need a little flex somewhere!

However your will need a wide front bail kit? At least with at boots. I always rode race plates when I was on ski boots. You need a little flex somewhere!

No, you will not need a wide front bail kit with ski boots. AT boots are not ski boots. TD2 with suspension kit or TD3 with soft e-ring has plenty of flex.

... right here!

Since you were in the ski boots for long time, you probably figured out which types work better then other and what mods can be done.

I ride heavilly modified Dalebello Carvex CRX, but was able to ride them out of the box too.

I use TD2 with suspension or with TD3 yellow elastomer on the carving boards. On slightly wider and "in-between" boards, I ride Snowpro. On pow, bump and teaching boards I ride all plastic Blax/Proflex/F2 RS.

DIN soles, stiffer latteral flex, price, in that order of importance. I've got stock of spare pairs, so I don't see myself on HSPs any soon. The only SB boot I might consider is UPZ with AT soles, but at the price difference, I doubted.

I'm still to try few old school Vibram soled boots I've got, for teaching and pow.

When all my Dalbellos are gone, I'm likely to find stiffest AT boots and go with that...

Catek OS1 or WC. Durable, and most of the static can be tuned out of the system; as the lift and cant are wholly independent to the n'th.

Better still would be one of the above on the front, and a Sidewinder on the rear.

what's wrong with the OS 2?