Note to New Members ×

if you had to get ski boots...which

hcw3

I'm just getting started with carving and have managed to acquire an arbor a55 and some snow pro bindings. I haven't been able to find any affordable boots yet (26.5) and I want to try things out before spending lots of money.

I did some searching and I get it that ski boots are too stiff, and AT boots are somewhat better, but still not ideal. But at the risk of not being able to ride at all, which of these used AT boots ($100 or less) is the least evil:

rossignol soft light

salomon snow trip

Dalbello krypton (might be on the pricier side)

Lowa Strukturas (can't find these either)

kneissl rail

others?

Of course, having patience is also valid advice, feel free to tell me to hold my horses if ou think it's just a reasonable matter of time before I can find some proper used boots.

Harrison

The 125's would be perfect, but I haven't heard back from the seller. The 727's would be too big (27/size9). I'd rather go smaller than larger, but thank you.

I'm not set on ski boots, I'm just excited to ride and frustrated (ie impatient) that I can't just go out and get the boots as easy as the board. ;)

Well if you have the coin, there's a nice set of Indy's in the right size on ebay. Shoot the seller an email and haggle if you can.

good thought, but those look like a lot $ to me (more than i spent on board an bindings combined). i'll see what the seller will do.

yes, and yes, and no, and yes.

The closest place worth going is a couple hours away. We have a little tow-rope hill here in town that will help get me used to riding in hardboots.

Looks like there are a couple people who ride at cannonsburg and a couple at crystal, but I need to work out a weekend I can get there. But I will hook up with some folks from here as I am able.