Note to New Members ×

Stratton Weekend Trips

queequeg

Howdy All,

My friend lisa and I are trying to make frequent trips to Stratton this year, to get in as many days as possible. Living in NYC neither of us has a car (something I aim to change next year), so we usually rent a car, drive up, stay someplace cheap, ride saturday and sunday and come back. This isn't really the cheapest way of doing things but splitting it two ways makes it reasonable. We'd like to find someone else to share the cost (and company) of riding up at stratton with. Preferrably, someone who wants to go up on a regular basis, but if you're just looking to get a weekend here and there - that's cool too. We're not too picky ... boys/girls younng/old ... we really don't care all that much as long if you're into burning some turns and having fun ...

There's a really great carving crew at stratton that are a lot of fun to ride and hang out with, so let us know if you want to join in the fun.

planning a stratton trip with friends in the next 3 weeks, maybe ill see you there.

If you can hop a train to bergen county, i could provide a ride to mountain creek where i have a season pass. usually on weekdays, weekends arent my bag at creek.

Hey queequeg,

I don't know if you remember me but we rode together last year in a good sized group up at Belleayre last year. The weekend trips up to Stratton is a great idea. I don't know if I can make any of them but maybe during my break in February I can make it happen. I was wondering if maybe we all could make another trip up to Belleayre again this year. Last year seemed to go off pretty well and I would love to do it again. Belleayre is running so many specials on lift tickets this year that I'm sure we could get lift tickets fo under $30. They have specials on Wednesdays and Fridays and even some weekends. I will make a post soon on the local site to see who would be interested in going. Hope to see you on the slopes. Jt

Can you swing down to Texas and pick me up? I'm really missing the weekend trips this year! Hoping for a week in March in Colorado but this is killing me! (I know I moved down here for some very good reasons, but every time I think of how much snowboarding I have given up, I want to hit something.)

planning a stratton trip with friends in the next 3 weeks, maybe ill see you there.

If you can hop a train to bergen county, i could provide a ride to mountain creek where i have a season pass. usually on weekdays, weekends arent my bag at creek.

I hear there is a good crew at the creek. I wish I could do weekdays - maybe next year at night but prolly not this year. I'm going to be at stratton the weekend after MLK for sure.

I'm planning to go with my wife for 3 days during the week, dates are not chosen yet.

What is that cheap place to stay ?

Stephane - last weekend I was at a place near Bromley (~20 minutes from stratton) that was great - it's called Johnny Seesaws. Not nearly as fancy as where we stayed for ECES but super cute, rustic and great, there is free breakfast included, a cool bar, game room and restaurant as well. they also have this amazing fireplace. I really liked it and think I will be staying there in the future.

Hey queequeg,

I don't know if you remember me but we rode together last year in a good sized group up at Belleayre last year. The weekend trips up to Stratton is a great idea. I don't know if I can make any of them but maybe during my break in February I can make it happen. I was wondering if maybe we all could make another trip up to Belleayre again this year. Last year seemed to go off pretty well and I would love to do it again. Belleayre is running so many specials on lift tickets this year that I'm sure we could get lift tickets fo under $30. They have specials on Wednesdays and Fridays and even some weekends. I will make a post soon on the local site to see who would be interested in going. Hope to see you on the slopes. Jt

I totally remember you man! That was an awesome trip - I was bummed I cracked my bail but that was a good time. I would be all about another trip to Bellayre and I'm sure Lisa would be too. I'm in! That was a fun time for sure!

Can you swing down to Texas and pick me up? I'm really missing the weekend trips this year! Hoping for a week in March in Colorado but this is killing me! (I know I moved down here for some very good reasons, but every time I think of how much snowboarding I have given up, I want to hit something.)

If you can bring me several bottles of big red, some Texas BBQ and a live hog, I'm sure we can work something out. Why are you not coming to SES???? Do it!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Queequeg,

Hows it going? You may not remember the screen name, but I was the one that drove you and lisa to Belleayre for one of the group rides last year. Hope you two have been well.

A weekend at stratton sounds awesome. Im interested but it depends on the pricing. What would it be for a third (me) or maybe fourth (my gf, though she doesnt really ride or ski well so I may plan a separate outing to involve her, lol)? Small chance I could borrow a car again like last year, depending on the date.

Let me know!

Best,

Adiel