Note to New Members ×

Donek 185 Metal FC

heroshmero

SOLD This is an 09/10 Donek Metal FC

185 length

20 cm waist

12-16 sidecut

Board is in very good overall condition.

Base is in very good shape. Base has some minor scratches that would easily be taken care of with a tune.

As far as I know, this board has never been ground.

Edges are in very good shape and are beveled at 1 degree base and 2 degree side.

I'm selling because this board is too soft for me at 235 lbs.

Bindings and stomp pad not included.

$550 shipped to lower 48. Sorry no international shipping.

post-3376-1418423301_thumb.jpg

post-3376-141842330103_thumb.jpg

What type of top sheet is that? is it carbon fiber? a few more weeks and I'll have the dough, but I'm curious about the too flexy part of your statement. I have yet to ride a metal board and don't really need to absorb chop(my knees do that) but prefer snap...is this what you mean? I have already broken in my 175 Olympic construction and am looking for some snap..or just something more difficult to ride, is that crazy or what? Maybe the question is is this your first metal board too...I'm scared to throw down a full G on something I may not like, but this is a tempting way to buy metal...let a guy know what the feel is. Thanks a bunch and I'm not jerking you, I'm in the market, I just don't really know what I want I guess...C.

What type of top sheet is that? is it carbon fiber? a few more weeks and I'll have the dough, but I'm curious about the too flexy part of your statement. I have yet to ride a metal board and don't really need to absorb chop(my knees do that) but prefer snap...is this what you mean? I have already broken in my 175 Olympic construction and am looking for some snap..or just something more difficult to ride, is that crazy or what? Maybe the question is is this your first metal board too...I'm scared to throw down a full G on something I may not like, but this is a tempting way to buy metal...let a guy know what the feel is. Thanks a bunch and I'm not jerking you, I'm in the market, I just don't really know what I want I guess...C.

It does have 2 layers of carbon fiber. You can check the information on description and construction posted here: http://donek.com/metfc_crv.html

This is my first metal board. I have been very impressed with the handling of it.

Unfortunately, it is only the third alpine board I've ever ridden so I can not make very good comments as to how it compares to other boards. What I can tell is that it is not stiff enough for me and my weight (235 lbs without clothes/boots/etc.) My other board is a custom race Coiler which is MUCH stiffer. That feels more comfortable to me at this point.

This board is to soft for you but would it be too stiff for a 160 pound dude? Anyone know?

Assuming that this is a stock 185 freecarve, you should be quite pleased with it at 160 lbs. I weight 185-190 and find it too soft. 20-30 lbs less and I feel I would be in the sweet spot for this board.

too stiff for 120?

I would think that this is too stiff for 120. . . unless:

1) you really eat your wheaties. I do think you could carve it, but it would be one heck of a ride

2) you are racing Super G?

3) you are looking for a 120 persons version of a 205cm board for me?

how able of a rider are you? Racing or carving? I don't think its out of the question and is most likely going to be your best bet at a stock 185 metal that you can ride @120 lbs. . . . but it will be big and stiff for you.

I'm interested- but i weigh 200lbs and don't want to have the same "soft" issues you do. I'm pretty new to carving- so i'm sure you're much better at "pushing" the board to flex than me....but i'd rather have something that i won't need to unload soon in favor of a stiffer one like your Coiler. At 6' tall, should i be concerned with the length? (i've been told by a few i should look in the mid 170's area...):lurk:

I'm interested- but i weigh 200lbs and don't want to have the same "soft" issues you do. I'm pretty new to carving- so i'm sure you're much better at "pushing" the board to flex than me....but i'd rather have something that i won't need to unload soon in favor of a stiffer one like your Coiler. At 6' tall, should i be concerned with the length? (i've been told by a few i should look in the mid 170's area...):lurk:

I don't think this board would be too long. It has decambered tip and tail and handles very nicely.

Also, for a beginner, having a softer board is much better than one that is too stiff. I personally struggled with my first board until I bought one that was softer. A softer board allowed me to ride a little slower which gave me more time to refine each movement needed to carve well.

Let me know if you are interested.

Hope I'm not abusing the forum here. My $0.02: even if you later get a stiffer board you might want a softer one for icy conditions. Or to learn to ride in icy conditions. We get a lot of opportunity to do this here! As for length, the board doesn't know how tall you are. Well, maybe a little bit in terms of where your center of gravity is and how it moves, but in the non-custom board world, length is often tied to stiffness, and appropriate stiffness depends on weight (and other things), and weight is often proxied by height. A pretty sloppy equation and unnecessary in the modern world.

My experience right now is exactly as Heroshmero described.

I've ridden this exact board - handles moderate "learning speeds" better than most 185's for sure. I was 190 pounds when I rode it and it felt "comfortably soft". Very user-friendly.

Don't get too hung up on length; a 185 in one model might feel like a 175 in another, based on flex, sidecut, etc, etc.

drummr25, I suspect this would work for you just fine.