Note to New Members ×

Regular or Goofy?

fin

Regular or Goofy footed?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Regular or Goofy footed?

• Regular (left in front)
    • Goofy (right in front)

OK, well for one, I am interested in trying the "polling" function on the new forum. And two, I have always wondered what the real percent is of Regular to Goofy riders?

So place your vote and lets find out.....

Oh, and with the right diet I am pretty much regular.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goofy.

Looks like the expected 75/25 split so far.

Funny anecdote: I remember back a number of years ago, taking either a L1 or L2 PSIA snowboard exam. As one of the verbal "technical" questions at the end of the exam, the examiner asked why the split wasn't closer to 50/50. He felt the reason was because outside of the structured and accepted teaching environment,(where most people learned to snowboard at the time) friends taught friends to snowboard. These untrained teachers, were mostly regular footed and taught their goofy footed friends to ride regular as the "right" way to snowboard. I don't think he had much exposure to board sports or even knew that goofy footed was taken from surfing,long before snowboarding came to be.

Goofy, guffi, right-ft-forward, whatever ya wanna call it. I just dunno how anyone can ride "regular" in comfort, and I've always wondered why the correct stance is called Goofy!:p

BTW, I'm right-handed too (notice that the word "gauche" comes from the French for "left.").

Boring: regular and right handed. Sometimes I eat cereal with my left, but that's as wacky as I get.

Anybody else notice that the percentage of goofy riders in women snowboarders is higher? Or is that just a fluke due to my woefully small sample size?

Guest north east will

regular

write right, throw right, lax left, hockey left, bat switch (i mean left and right not goofy)

when i rented my first snowboard the guy walked behind me and pushed me and the foot i stepped foward with went in front

will

I'm right-handed (and right-footed) in every sport I've ever played, with one small exception - ten-pin bowling. I'm actually right-handed at that too, but I discovered one day that I can do it left-handed just as well as right-handed. Weird, because I am usually completely uncoordinated when it comes to using my left hand.

Anyway, the goofies seem to be catching up in the poll. I think it's rigged.