Note to New Members ×

Cypress Diaries 2010-11

BlueB

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first night session on thurs. decent carving conditions, surprisingly few people up. saw another hb'er briefly; couldn't id hardware. back on my vintage option due to broken prior - missing the new tech for sure. good to get out on the snow regardless; sure feeling rusty though...

Empty hill!? Well, empty for Saturday... I guess the hordes are shopping crazed before the C-Day... No line ups, only the top parking full... Well more fun to us!

Hero buttery snow, a bit slow though. It started snowing like crazy in the afternoon. Tonight should be drier and cold with more or less sunny tomorrow, it should be really good!

Luka is "cheats" - somehow he does his snowplow a lot now, drives me crazy. It's almost that we regresed to where I wanted him to be early last season?! Only towards the end of the day he started carving again. However, he did Midway (blue run) and fell only once! We also did Collins once, almost without stopping. It's still too long for him, though.

We saw a guy on Alp and soft boots, riding super narrow stance. I tried to talk to him but he was a bit disinterested, kinda ignored me... No site of other hard booters.

Luka and me arrived a bit later, 11ish. Many more people then yesterday! Bottom parking full too.

Snowy morning turned into a sunny afternoon...

This Tuesday will be either monster (wet) snowfall, or another flood, as the temps are going up.

When u'll get yr new baby?

RT

don't think i'll be getting the new prior. too much coin even at the discounted price. i'm 'po, alas.

riding the old option c165 is interesting to say the least; gets pretty sketchy when pushed - definitely emphasizes my suckyness. the prior was lots more forgiving. shorter radius (something like 10m) is kinda fun though.

Much better day then expected. It stayed colder then I thought, so we never saw the rain. Some freshies in the begginning, got compacted by crowd to pretty good surface, rather then bumped up.

I saw Scooby trenching the JJ run - he got pretty good comment from our chief staff trainer. Couldn't get to play with him, though - too busy teaching and sessioning with instructors. My only play time was after the lessons, at about 3pm. Didn't even have the lunch today...

No signs of other h/booters...

8:45 Parking. 9:00 Eagle Chair.

JaseyJay had 12" of fresh wetness going into Maelle Ricker (innuendo intended).

Lower Trumpeter was fun too. Upper Trumpeter had around 18" to 24" of deepness.

Did mostly Coyote 7 the rest of the morning, which had 12" to 18" of freshies.

Black Fly was a bit bumpy.

Weapon of the day: Dynastar 3800 - 163.

Probably too windy tomorrow, with 30 knots predicted. Luckily I will be windsurfing.

When I left at noon, Midway Chair was still closed.

Ola Boys,

Board of the day: ROME-173

Yesterday snow was awesome!!!! All my tracked covered in 1 hour and the best ever: noone was there playin, no line up (((:

BLACK MOUNTAIN was less windy only on Panorama towards the big turn right after RIDEOUT wind was funneled thru otherwise was fine and visibility was great....I was all day with POW board stayed on RAVEN chair on run #1,2,3&4 (Crazy Raven, Cayote, First Sun & Black on Black) BTW, I measured run#4 angled is 38-40*:eek:no wonder they call "Double Black diamond":rolleyes:, the steepest part on #1 is 28-30*, this run 3/4 of it was more relaxing and deep deep POW.

ROME-173 is an awesome board, float, turn and carved...pixs was taken on #1 run

Cheers

RT

post-6136-141842329579_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842329582_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842329583_thumb.jpg

From the web site:

Easy Rider Quad is scheduled to be in opening this morning at 9 AM - Eagle Express and Lions Express will be on wind standby until further notice. Sky Chair, Midway Chair and Raven Ridge Quad Chair will be closed today.

On the other hand, Centennial Beach in Tsawwassen might be windy enough for windsurfing later today.

Christmas Dinner overeaten hang-over crowds slept in late, then went shopping, rather then visiting foggy, windy, haily Cypress... More space for us!

As I said, conditions were very tricky, at the best. Variable visibillity, ranged to almost none at some points. 2" of fresh over last night's groom and ice didn't feel all that great, either. Strong winds, hail, freezing rain, then some heavier snow later on. Yet, accumulation was getting pretty good in the afternoon and if it carried on through the night, tomorrow would be quite spectacular, with another 20" on the forecast...

Crew: Scooby, Ben (softbooter), BlueB

Toys: WCRM 177, WCRM 173w, K2 softy, Kessler 171/22.5, Proto 167

I wasn't in the element today... Fightting my boards and holding back in the tricky conditions. I guess the busting of the big Kes is still too fresh in my memory... Scooby didn't seem to be too phased by the conditions and arced some nice turns. Ben got lost/separated few times and finaly wrecked himself pretty good - swallen jaw, cut on the chin and inside the mouth... We called it a day at about 2pm.

Ola Boys,

Board of the day: ROME-173

Yesterday snow was awesome!!!! All my tracked covered in 1 hour and the best ever: noone was there playin, no line up (((:

BLACK MOUNTAIN was less windy only on Panorama towards the big turn right after RIDEOUT wind was funneled thru otherwise was fine and visibility was great....I was all day with POW board stayed on RAVEN chair on run #1,2,3&4 (Crazy Raven, Cayote, First Sun & Black on Black) BTW, I measured run#4 angled is 38-40*:eek:no wonder they call "Double Black diamond":rolleyes:, the steepest part on #1 is 28-30*, this run 3/4 of it was more relaxing and deep deep POW.

ROME-173 is an awesome board, float, turn and carved...pixs was taken on #1 run

Cheers

RT

Was woundering how that board works with the Bomber bindings. I have the same board and have been waiting for a good pow day to ride it.

Any tips on set-up and ride?

hey guys, how are you doing?

I just replied to Roy's email. I read your posts here, seems like you were battling with conditions so far, we have had in Norway -15 C in average for the last month but almost no snowfall. Now we finally got some powder and I can't wait to get on the slopes once I come back from Czech Rep.

Boris, do you still have my former Choc board in your collection? :)

I hope we get a chance to carve together again.

Cheers,

Ondrej

hey guys, how are you doing?

Doing great, thanks. Snow came some more :biggthump and now we just need lots of days light (such as today Dec 28,2010) so we know where to carve and Cypress need to add more runs & chairs to ease off the traffic & line up...:p

we have had in Norway -15 C in average for the last month but almost no snowfall.

Btw u need to change your location from Whistler --> Norway:D

Cheers

RT

Doing great, thanks. Snow came some more :biggthump and now we just need lots of days light (such as today Dec 28,2010) so we know where to carve and Cypress need to add more runs & chairs to ease off the traffic & line up...:p

Btw u need to change your location from Whistler --> Norway:D

Cheers

RT

Oh true, will do :) Now I have to run to the airport

Hero snow in the morning. Medium crowd in the beggining, then crazy afterwards.

Crew: Scooby, BlueB. Toys: SG 185, Kessler 171/22.5, WCRM 173

After ripping for 2 hours with Scoob, I had the lessons to teach. It turned into a straight 6 hrs session, no brakes to eat, pee, drink, add layers... right into the dark. I'm pretty buggered up right now...

Hero "hard pack" condition, fast snow. Lift at Eagle start taking at 8.50am. Also great, was no line up: 11/12 runs straight into chair! Crowd start after 10ish.The crowd wasn't as bad as the other day on Monday even thou parking 3B is full. Cypress was more organize in the line up then yesterday by having some one coordinating.

Toys: SG-185, WCRM-177

Struggling the first 5 runs with the SG-185 before can handle the way I wanted. Deck want to straight down instead finishing the turn.

Stayed till 1.30PM= the last toy was WCRM, with this deck I manage EC on my toe side....

RT(15)

post-6136-141842330193_thumb.jpg