Note to New Members ×

New all mountain?

Ear dragger

You might want to consider Swoard Dual...

It's essentially wide (waist width>24cm) freeride-shaped alpine board that is versatile enough to be used with both softboots and hardboots, probably the closest thing to Ride Timeless. Only prob is, you're limited to either 158 or 168 in terms of length. I use 158, I love it.

But you can't go wrong with Donek and Prior either.

Steepwater - especially at that price!!

+1

Plow for softies, Steep for h/boots.

It would make your Timless look silly, at least in speed, edge hold and chop busting power aspects.

Tanker 192, if you can find one and lenght is not a problem.

If more money was not an issue, Prior ATV or Nidecker Proto. F2 ElDiablo and titanal version Vantage, are good too.

Or, look up a Dynastar 3800 163, if you are more after pow, trees, bumps and still want to carve some. Those come cheap, even NOS.

This just arrived the other day for me (165cm, 9m, 25cm). I'm guessing this might be sorta what you are thinking of?

I ordered this as my "Ok, I'm ditching softies completely" board. My description was that I wanted an all-mountain twinish hardboot board with rockered tip and tail to help powder performance. Nose and tail were to be twinish so I could ride it switch easily. The nose and tail were also to be soft enough that I could throw my weight forward and noseroll to switch riding easily. While high speed carving wasn't the aim. The board should still rail respectably at softboot carving speeds. Also non-metal as I expect the board will take some weird landings. I mentioned I was 215lbs and that I'd be riding it with TD3 Step ins and Deeluxe Track 225T boots as well.

Sean says he built it with flex between his Incline and Saber boards (Saline Flex maybe?:rolleyes:). With the 25cm waist I'm running angles of 50F/45R. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin and will let you know how it all works out.

Dave

post-7081-141842322467_thumb.jpg

sweet. there's nothing like having a board made based on what you want!! I have been thinking the donek route may be the way to travel. how many dollars?

$680 USD for the board. Shipping to Canada via DHL was another $45 USD. Note the board isn't a true twin there is a bit of taper in the tail. Should be a fun ride this winter. Too bad the average temperature around here went up 10 degrees right after it arrived :confused:.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Prior 4WD... nice thing is if you get tired of tree riding it loves the wide open groomers and if you get tired of the groomers it loves the trees. It also loves the crud once the groomers are all screwed up by all the skiers that are still allowed on most slopes. :confused:

I do have 4WD and yes it does as its named on groomed, crud, 2" dust, and more. But for Pow, it didn't performed since the board is too heavy for the powder and riding switch was not ideal since it is a directional board.

Arbor A-Frame would be a good choice, I was blown away by it's versatility and killer edge hold. It rails the chop and is one of the most beautiful boards made.

I couldn't agree more. It does what 4WD does and more since it is light. deep pow tree-run, powder day, switch, park where 4WD lacks on.

So if you are looking for all mountain board with carving specific, 4WD would be my choice. If you are looking for really 'All' mountain board, a-frame would be more versatile.

Arbor A-Frame would be a good choice, I was blown away by it's versatility and killer edge hold. It rails the chop and is one of the most beautiful boards made.

2442100620_d84367985a_z.jpg

Wow, didn't realise the A frame would be suitable for hard boots. What's your boot size and what angles do you ride? do you ride it all over the mountain?