Note to New Members ×

best softie setup for carving

carvingbassist

depends on how much of a jack of all trades you want. I like rad air tankers in the wide flavor in the small sizes for eastern riding to do it all. park, trees, spring bumps, cord or whatever.

if all I wanted to do was go fast and rail id go with a bx board but that would suck in the woods and riding switch..........

I've been dreaming about the Jones Flagship:

http://www.jonessnowboards.com/boards/flagship

Porters in Tahoe is taking orders. First 30 to buy a Jones board + helmet get to ride with him in Squaw :eplus2:

Never Summer Raptor is suppose to be a softie carving board. It's new for this year: http://neversummer.com/snow/snowboards/raptor/

My soft gear is a Prior MFR 158 with Catek Freeride bindings.

I pulled it out for the first time in three years last month and it was good fun. My only issue is that I have size 29.5 mondo feet, so there is overhang, meaning hard leaning carves often end up booting out. But otherwise, a really good all round setup.

yeah, I like the cateks

lots of good bindings out there.

with a 27 foot a tanker wide would be too wide. might suggest the narrow ones though!

arbor, burton, ride, donek, prior, never summer and many others make boards that rule all over the hill. you have a ton of options.... with some research you'll find something great.

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys i gotta buy a new softie set up to teach at my mtn this season. any suggestions for a good all around board but still able to rips turns? also def looking for twin tip for doing some spin/air/swich riding. i was thinking an arbor with those catck softie binding and driver x's?

• Arbor A-frame
  • Nidecker Carbon 900 bindings
  • Burton Driver X / Malamute boots

Here is my new soft set up prior 161 ATV burton C60 bindings with 20mm edge risers and burton driver x boots can't wait for this season. Woke up this morning and it's snowing haha. Now it's shopping time for my hardboot set up I think a prior WCR is high on my list to go with my TD3 bindings and Deeluxe 325 boots. My park and cruising set up is this Option GT 155 (best freeride snowboard I have ever had) Burton Driver x boots and Nidecker Carbon 900 bindings.:D

I will switch the bindings around and see what feels better. Both bindings are very stiff for softboots the nideckers feel awesome on my option GT because that board is very soft and flexible the stiff bindings help that giving me great edge control. I don't know why freestylers use soft bindings it doesn't make sense to me. Again I highly recommend option snowboards for freeriding and jumps.

Sweet softy carving setup! Why not switch the bindings around? Nideckers should be slightly better caving bindings then the newer stock C60s...

I have not been on the latest burton bindings but as of three or four years ago they were damn good, softer but that's not always bad, if you have the right boot.