Note to New Members ×

Alberta Carving Club - Nakiska Expression Session 2011

Riceball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Steve for organizing this and hosting the party, and to all who attended - I had a blast and felt I improved just by osmosis riding with you guys.

Kurt, conditions today were superb, hero groom.

Looking forward to the video and photos.

noooooo!!!!!! Don't tell me that!!! Ayieeeee!

Well I'm glad you guys got to scar it up on my behalf.

Next year kids!!

SOOOO disappointed that I didn't get a chance to ride Sat and Sun.:( The photos and vid from Sat looked amazing. I hear there was some pretty gnarly tree hugging going on on Sunday ...

It was really good to meet all the new (and new to the crew) carvers! The grooming crew at Nakiska should be shaking in their boots ... 16 carvers makes a big mess of their immaculately groomed hill, and you never know when we're going to strike ...

Alaina and will work on the video and photos soon. The Recsky family also had a blast. Too bad Brad wasn't in town to share the spoils.

My cheek frostbite from Friday finally peeled off today.

Darcy, I'm sorry I let Wonser ride the new sticks.

Neil, much improved riding.

Corey, see you in Aspen.

Ryan, it was great to see you on a Coiler.

Kurt, you missed 2 awesome days.

Nick, you improved every single day.

Jeff, way to kill head-smashed-in-buffalo-jump.

Sean, your new handle should be the Baconator.

Jeremy, glad you could join the crew and rip it

Blair, nice auger

Dave, good to see you and your family out

Greg, glad you were able to shake off the food poisoning and stick around

Scott, too bad work got in the way

Steve S, glad to see my Coiler AM glass go to a good home.

Allison, hope to see you out again soon.

Ann, nice to see you start edging your toe side

Alaina, great improvement!

Chris, Dave, Simon, Brad - you gotta make it out next year!

If I forgot anyone, I apologize...

Steve, do you guys want my videos from Sunday too? I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to edit things together, plus I have a feeling whatever Alaina does with it will likely be a whole bunch better than I could. ;) I'll have the raw footage available for anyone that wants it too, especially the little bit of chase footage of Nick, Sean, Darcy, and Steve.

Thanks again to Steve and Ann for organizing NES and inviting us to your home! :biggthump

Steve, do you guys want my videos from Sunday too? I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to edit things together, plus I have a feeling whatever Alaina does with it will likely be a whole bunch better than I could. ;) I'll have the raw footage available for anyone that wants it too, especially the little bit of chase footage of Nick, Sean, Darcy, and Steve.

Thanks again to Steve and Ann for organizing NES and inviting us to your home! :biggthump

You were chasing me Corey? That was sure dumb!!! nick dot stabler at gmail dot com if you don't mind!

Thanks to everybody for a great weekend out. I learned a lot from everybody. Push me harder next year :)

You were chasing me Corey? That was sure dumb!!!

Orange and red jacket, right? Man, I hope so or I just got you excited for nothing... :( Just for a little bit on the first run of Saturday. We all set out together heading for Gold chair, you were off on the right side and I caught up so I played follow-the-leader for a few turns.

I'll try to upload the HD videos to someplace like Adrive.com and email links for download to each of the people I managed to chase. That'll be late this week or this weekend. Then I'll look at making a compilation video to put up on YouTube. It'll be a little boring though as I only have the one camera angle from the side of my helmet.

Orange and red jacket, right? Man, I hope so or I just got you excited for nothing... :( Just for a little bit on the first run of Saturday. We all set out together heading for Gold chair, you were off on the right side and I caught up so I played follow-the-leader for a few turns.

I'll try to upload the HD videos to someplace like Adrive.com and email links for download to each of the people I managed to chase. That'll be late this week or this weekend. Then I'll look at making a compilation video to put up on YouTube. It'll be a little boring though as I only have the one camera angle from the side of my helmet.

I think so... You're a pretty rockin' rider so you would have been able to avoid me upon me bailing!

Wicked; let us know the link.

Hmm after watching you guys all rip at NES with softer boots, I swapped out the stiff grey tongues in my UPZ RTRs for the softer black ones. Went out and ripped the hell out of some city blues at Rabbit tonight. I'm liking it and it is so much easier to absorb crud with the softened boots.

I personally destroyed Bay Street in an hour and a half of riding this evening. A girl I rode the lift with said someone else kept yelling from the lift "Stop wrecking the run!". Pity I couldn't hear them as I was rockin' to Bif Naked and the Offspring at the time.:cool:

Cheers,

Dave

Here's a little taste in HD. This is a group heading from the top of Silver chair over to Gold chair. Kind of cool to see a bunch of carvers playing on a blue run.

http://www.adrive.com/public/14bd871a57d93d8bf0a957ecffc41e7dddb6efd02d313f61cdf9614704fff894.html

I'll email or PM links to vids where I follow riders (Blair, Sean, and Darcy). It's up to them if they want them to be public or not.

Here was me hoping you'd post "Blair's auger" on here for public consumption ... that was the best laugh of the night.

Blair's got the link in his email. His choice if he wants to post that fine moment of shoulder-popping agony... ;) I'm going on memory: surlyguy = Blair, right?

Steve, got those pictures up yet? I need a new desktop wallpaper!

OK, somehow I managed to be there for Blair's two and only crashes all weekend: (right Blair?)

http://www.adrive.com/public/a04b7f6264da3bcf55a0ce4cf14143ff6f8edf707d23ef107c8ff3b6fb5b1fcf.html

and

http://www.adrive.com/public/1e55bb990060be791293504c22b0d5408fc3f39f14fe448a7c357fed190cfafd.html

They're unedited so there's extra crap before and after the fun stuff.

P.S. All the adrive.com links die after about 2 weeks. Save it if you want it!

P.P.S. I can't believe I forgot to publicly thank Sean, Greg, Steve S. and Steve R. for giving me rides all over the place, thanks again for the help!

OK, somehow I managed to be there for Blair's two and only crashes all weekend: (right Blair?)

Yeah....only..two...

In my defence the tree thing looks worse than it is. Its not like they were hard to see ;)

The other one I was using an inovative new braking technique that is all the rage in Europe, it'll catch on big. You watch.