Note to New Members ×

Alberta Carving Club - Nakiska Expression Session 2011

Riceball

I've been riding since I was 9, but never on an alpine board. I'm interested in giving it a go this year. I'd definitely be up for heading out with anybody from Calgary for a few days here and there and joining up with you guys in Jan.

PS: If anybody local has any gear they are willing to offload cheap, let me know. 26.5 boots, 160 ish board, and bindings.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been riding since I was 9, but never on an alpine board. I'm interested in giving it a go this year. I'd definitely be up for heading out with anybody from Calgary for a few days here and there and joining up with you guys in Jan.

PS: If anybody local has any gear they are willing to offload cheap, let me know. 26.5 boots, 160 ish board, and bindings.

We'll have extra board/binding combos at the session, but you may want to track down equipment in the Bomber classified section before then. Especially some boots.

Steve, of course I am coming to this event. Didn't think I would even have to give a digital response to the thread.

I might have boots available 26-26.5 Deluxe 325 with intek heels and bts.

Might have a beginer's deck that could be used as well.

Of Course if anyone want to try a Swoard or Virus Scalpal they might be available as well.

Last year was Freak'n GREAT!!!

I'm in Airdrie and commute to Fort Mac. Here is my set up Prior ATV 161 Deelux 325 boots and bomber td3 bindings. I have only ridden this set up a couple times last season so I'm still learning the ropes and tweaking my set up till it feels right, last year I had my canting set all wrong its no wonder why it was akward feeling my first couple times out. I have learned so much from this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey greg(snowboardworm), I'm planning on making this. then flying to comox to visit relatives and ride mt washington. If my friend hugh isn't going then maybe I could meet up and carpool.

Energyrail,

Sounds good. I'm still waiting for my holy-days to be approved for the time requested. I'll have lots of room for gear and I can always leave it in Prince George at a predetermined spot for you to pick it up at.

greg

My elbow seems to be healing up. So it looks like I'll still be coming along. Keeping quads in shape running up a 50m long t-bar where my 6-year old daughter is riding down some greens.

Cheers,

Dave

Excellent, this session is shaping up to have some good numbers for 2011.

So, i'll be rocking my first alpine setup here in the next day or two (coiler AM-t), being that you guys don't seem to mind noobs, i'll be in for at least the friday and saturday.

Also up for any monday rides this season if anyone has them off, I plan on heading out on pretty much every monday between now and spring.

I'll be out of the country until Jan 10, so I'll catch up on this thread when I get back.

Dave, you still have a place to stay and a ride - just don't panic if you don't hear from me over the New Year. I'll coordinate with the pickup crew when I get back to town.

Everyone have a great Xmas and New Year, see you all on the 14th!!

Neil, Cory,

If as you guys are staying in hotels in roughly the same location I can probably pick you up on the way out of town. Boards over 173 need to be bagged as they will have to go inside my Tahoe. PM me.

Allee,

I dropped you a PM through bomber a couple of months ago, and a repeat just a few minutes ago.

Cheers,

Dave

I will be able to make it out 1 day at least I wanted to come out last year but had to work:angryfire. I'm still learning how to ride hardboots so hopefully I will be able to keep up if I can't then my new swoard dual 163 softboot set up is coming out haha. I ride a prior atv 161 with my hardboots. Anybody who wants to try either board is welcome to.

I will be able to make it out 1 day at least I wanted to come out last year but had to work:angryfire. I'm still learning how to ride hardboots so hopefully I will be able to keep up if I can't then my new swoard dual 163 softboot set up is coming out haha. I ride a prior atv 161 with my hardboots. Anybody who wants to try either board is welcome to.

One day is better then none!

Yeah, we tend to stop often to regroup.

If as you guys are staying in hotels in roughly the same location I can probably pick you up on the way out of town. Boards over 173 need to be bagged as they will have to go inside my Tahoe. PM me.

Awesome, thanks Dave! Email to be sent shortly.

well my plan was to leave on the 13 for banff. where are you staying? I might end up taking my own vehicle, cause i'm staying in banff at a friends. not sure what my plans are for the following week and how much flexibility i want. when are you do back at work following the nakiska thing?

i'm riding PK on my way to PG for christmas. there for a few days. have to be back at work in Dawson on the 29. back to PK for the 31/1.

• 2 weeks later...

Corey, Neil

Neil, Cory,

If as you guys are staying in hotels in roughly the same location I can probably pick you up on the way out of town. Boards over 173 need to be bagged as they will have to go inside my Tahoe.

Due to my family vetoing me and taking over the Tahoe I can't drive you guys on the Friday. I will still be able to give you a ride on Saturday and Sunday. Corey I've already PM'd you on this. Neil I haven't heard back from you yet on my original offer.

Dave