Alberta Carving Club - Nakiska Expression Session 2011

Riceball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Only qualification required!

Let us know if you need any gear ... there will be plenty of spare boards for you to try, and if you need anything else, just let us know. Someone will be able to help out for sure.

Thank you again.

Actually now that my boots are on their way from YYZCANUCK I started to get myself familiar with my bindings. I am a little worried that the Catek OS2 (short plate) bindings don't look big enough for my size M27 boots, even though they claim to reach size 27.5 - I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Also is the 'How to set up your plate bindings' article fairly accurate?

Where did you book, Neil? I assume you'll be a ride-moocher like me again, let's make it easier on those we mooch from.
I took advantage of a family connection and booked at the Four Points on the way out of town. Unfortunately I can't arrange the same stellar deal for you. But it is a much more liveable place than last years choice, and the location is convenient for whoever may be schlepping us around.

Thank you again.

Actually now that my boots are on their way from YYZCANUCK I started to get myself familiar with my bindings. I am a little worried that the Catek OS2 (short plate) bindings don't look big enough for my size M27 boots, even though they claim to reach size 27.5 - I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Also is the 'How to set up your plate bindings' article fairly accurate?

Yep, that article will help for sure. I don't know of anyone in the local crew that uses OS2's, but if you want to come into Calgary when your boots arrive, we can take a look at them for you. Drop me a PM if you want some help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey greg(snowboardworm), I'm planning on making this. then flying to comox to visit relatives and ride mt washington. If my friend hugh isn't going then maybe I could meet up and carpool.

I haven't been to an expression session. but i have been on lake lousy for the equivlent of a good season over the last 8 years.

I'm thinking if i'm coming to carve it up. I would rather be somewhere than the lake.

rode at sunshine 5 times I think. nakiska once, mount norquay once.

Norquay is a little narrow but gooming is good. only ever mt. biked kicking horse.

Have you seen the cam from Louise? A brown hill with one poor strip of man-made down the front. Sad, very sad ...

I just hope that the poor start means we're going to get pounded this year. The last two years, we've had a killer start, and then nothing after mid-Jan.

Either that, or they'll be having an extra session at Whitefish this winter!