Note to New Members ×

Carving gloves?

!MaineCarver!

Wondering about like a gore-tex type material and about elbow length in the form of a glove glove!

I had leather copies made from Outdoor Research mittens several years ago. They were awesome for about 10 years. I have heard here...that dipping your gloves in that rubberized tool dip works wonders. have yet to try though.

I had leather copies made from Outdoor Research mittens several years ago. They were awesome for about 10 years. I have heard here...that dipping your gloves in that rubberized tool dip works wonders. have yet to try though.

Yes. I have tried many different gloves. But since I have ridden alpine snowboards, any conventional snowboarding gloves didn't last long. I found Outdoor Research's Pro Mod Gloves™ and no wonder military gets all the nicest. (like USMC Recon backpack over any consumer backpack). Its shell made out of breathable Gore-Tex and super strong and last forever. That gloves is my hands down #1 choice for cold weather riding.

Now, I'm in VA and I got new one but size is little bigger (XL). If anyone interested and has XL size of hands, get mine. (still has a tag on them).

See for yourself.

Outdoor Research's Pro Mod Gloves

I must remember to do that dipping in rubber for my gloves!!! that sounds like an excellent idea!

This country is mostly for cross-country skiing for the outside. Our boarding is all indoors in groot big SnowDomes...(some are close to 600 metre long!), so we don't have problem with thawing and wet gloves.

But when we go to Germany in spring...ALWAYS very wet gloves!! I've had many gloves that say water-proof...NOT!

I must remember to do that dipping in rubber for my gloves!!! that sounds like an excellent idea!

This country is mostly for cross-country skiing for the outside. Our boarding is all indoors in groot big SnowDomes...(some are close to 600 metre long!), so we don't have problem with thawing and wet gloves.

But when we go to Germany in spring...ALWAYS very wet gloves!! I've had many gloves that say water-proof...NOT!

You probably need the gloves that Netherlands goalkeeper wears. it's invincible! Congrat Netherlands Soccer team to advance to Semi-final~ of WorldCup.

Seen the lobsters. I try not to reach for the snow on carves as it really is bad form but usually I usually can't help myself. Lobsters or 5 finger gloves scare me as I have broken many a finger by reaching for the snow. I use mittens with 5 finger gloves underneath. peel the mitt and you have full dexterity. Just leave the mitts attached at the wrist. I plan to buy another set of the cheap OR shells to make another set of leathers mitts.

Lance, we'll have to set you up with the Hardboot Handcuffs next year.

I had to cuff myself to fix that problem..

If I can find a decent set of boots, I will ride the plates more often. It is just so easy though being the only softboot carver in so cal

These are the best I have ridden.

I have close to 8 years on a pair of Burton gloves but that is just shooe Goo on Shoe Goo at this point. But they do still hold together.

The ones Ace mentioned above - I have close to five years and just a couple little dabs of shoe goo on the seams and I had to sew one elastic on the wrist.

Get 'em.

I was turned on to the thunderclouds:1luvu: 2 seasons ago in a similar thread. They're still goin strong and I Highly recommend them to anyone who listens.

Super tough material takes a little breaking in but holds up to sharp edges and buckle pinches way better than any glove I ever used including my beloved kevlar Kombis from back in the day. They need a thin silk or polypro liner on really cold days but I could buy 4 pair for the price of those O.R.s.

Big bang for the buck:biggthump

Oh those do sound good :D.....but what are the hardboot handcuffs because I have a serious problem with dragging my hands.

The hardboot handcuffs are a reference to the fact that I can't stop riding softies. King Crimson is eager to get me to commit to hardboots fulltime, thus the "hardboot handcuffs" reference. I think I will "do the time" but the cuffs will come off at my discretion.

• 4 months later...