Note to New Members ×

SkES Daily Rub In!

two_ravens

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow - the Grand Prize is a certificate for an all expenses paid trip to next year's SkES!!! Wooohooo!!!! (Of course, it doesn't mention on the certificate that if you want to have an event to attend, you have to organize it yourself... but our lucky winner will figure this out, all in good time!;))

post-6122-141842303077_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842303079_thumb.jpg

being that i only live a mile from the SKES, i will try to save up some cash and see if i can make it. TwoRavens, maybe we could carpool? And to think the whole time this was going on, i was at the teton village fighting the crowds:mad: great thread:biggthump

Casper - do it! We know if you work hard & save your pennies, you will find a way.... :biggthump:biggthump

(Guess the SkES organizers better start planning now though. Holy cow! If you show up, that would mean double the attendance! Don't know if we can handle a growth curve like that! :eek:)

Yeah, it makes sense, sounds like a big version of some of the little midwest places. Does it have a funky bar??

Used to have the "Shady Lady Saloon" at Snow King Resort, but they closed it for awhile and redid it - to get rid of the local color, I think. But 43 North and The Brew Pub are within walking distance. Bars aren't my thing, so there are better sources on this topic!

being that i only live a mile from the SKES, i will try to save up some cash and see if i can make it. TwoRavens, maybe we could carpool? And to think the whole time this was going on, i was at the teton village fighting the crowds:mad: great thread:biggthump

Hey casper, I've half a bike I could loan you, if that would help... :D

2 Ravens, this is the funniest, most creative and simply brilliant thread of the year!! You deserve a medal!!

Maybe next year you will get to join us at SES. Possibly you and Johnasmo can team up and really capture the essence of SES. However some things do stain and never wash off. Somethings you just can not un-see, Some scars never heal, somethings you can not un-smell. Ahh the bliss of SES..

Excellent work on your SkES thread!

Maybe next year you will get to join us at SES. Possibly you and Johnasmo can team up and really capture the essence of SES. However some things do stain and never wash off. Somethings you just can not un-see, Some scars never heal, somethings you can not un-smell. Ahh the bliss of SES..

Well, don't know if I could do any useful reporting on SES - I do so much better with my imaginary friends. :freak3: But if SES and SkES don't fall on the same week (and I'm gainfully employed...:o) we'll see about SES for me next year.... :D

post-6122-141842304003_thumb.jpg

Well, don't know if I could do any useful reporting on SES - I do so much better with my imaginary friends. :freak3: But if SES and SkES don't fall on the same week (and I'm gainfully employed...:o) we'll see about SES for me next year.... :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, This is better than watching metro-sexual guys on skates in Vancouver bitch about who did a better quad jump...:lurk::1luvu:

Just great! Thanks for the entertainment.
Does BOL give out awards??? Maybe it should start! :)
bump for thread awesomeness.

Hey, glad you all enjoyed SkES so much! It's that kind of stoke that made this such a great event! :biggthump:biggthump

Rode at the Ghee with dredman yesterday, and he noted that my riding had improved dramatically since pre-SkES. I attribute that improvement largely to all the camaraderie, stoke and positive vibes during the Snow King Expression Session - thanks everybody! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu: (Oh, and my post count increased substantially too - and we all know what that does for your carving prowess!:rolleyes:) So to anyone out there looking to improve their riding, I really strongly suggest that you just host your very own expression session! It's just an awesome experience!!!! :ices_ange

Gainful employment is highly overrated... cuts into slope time something fierce! :eek:

-Mr. Contractor who went to gainfully employed corporate tool

:lol: Ha! Sorry, don't really mean to laugh at you - I just went the other way. Walked away from very gainful employment as a tool (literally!) for a major oil company because they tried to kill me out in the field just one time too many. They kept telling me that a little death on a Friday afternoon never hurt anyone, but I find it ruins your whole weekend! :eek::smashfrea Don't want to go back ever, but 8 months with no income and deep in debt from a business startup in progress...makes me start to wonder if that pink Donek would be tasty? Hmmm...yummers! Top sheet nice and crunchy, and love the al dente yellow elastomers! :p

• 10 months later...

The good news: it looks like Two Ravens will be going to SES this year! Woohoo!

The bad news: traditionally SkES has always happened at the same time as SES.

So... looking for opinions. Should we hold SkES a week earlier this year? Looking at Jan 29-Feb 4 maybe? I already have one vote for leaving it as scheduled - which will make for a very busy week and some hellacious commutes for the organizer, but am of course willing to do what it takes to provide a great event for the participants! :ices_ange I know the late schedule change may be difficult for those who have already made their travel plans. Let me know....

Another question - been kicking around the idea of doing SkES T-shirts this year. Participants would get a free one of course, but wondering if cyber fans would be interested in purchasing them? Small run, so they'd probably be a little expensive - maybe $25 plus shipping, but still checking into it. I would be open to design ideas....

And some sad news in the paper today - there is a chance Snow King will close after this year. :( Anyone out there with deep pockets wanting to help keep a great little hill going?

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=6810

Cheers and Merry Christmas from the shadow of Snow King!

two_ravens, Whatever you do, KEEP SkES ! :biggthump

Last years events and write-ups were some of the the best :) since I've been on Bomber !

It's a shame :( to hear about Snow King, hopefully someone will keep it open.

Maybe 'O' will 'bail them out' and have you and casper run it !?!