Note to New Members ×

Eating at your mountain

Sultan Guy

What is your eating styale at the mountain?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What is your eating styale at the mountain?

• I always eat out. When I carve I treat myself.
    • About half and half. Try and balance cost.
    • A few times each season on special occasions.
    • Never. I love PB and J. I take pride in carving on a shoestring.

Following up on last weeks poll regarding season pass prices with 36 responses here is a new similar one. I have noticed that at my local hill this season the number of people bringing their lunch/dinner/snacks is way up. They have an area for "brown-baggers" and it can be packed while the restaurants have empty tables.

What is your style?

Po'a$$ed dirtbag career ski bum here;

breakfast at home, salami & cheese in the pocket, leftovers for lunch or split an $8 burrito or loaded spud with mrs.b(employees get 1/2 off)

apres (when we stay) is PBR & tots at Pucci"s Pub were I'm in the mug club or pizza & pitcher at Thors when sharing w/friends:biggthump

Does Vicoden count as lunch? LOL! JK, I usually just drink a couple beers for lunch time, and pig out when I get home. Food up here is horrid and big bucks, but the beers are cheap for us mug club members. The other option is to ride to the village on pow days to eat an awesome sandwich, just don't miss the bus back up...:eek:

I run on organic as much as I can so 99% of the time I make my own food. Always prepared to share and always have lots of organic sweets :)

And to pay 8$ for fries or 17-20 for burger. Hell no. And I'm not burger person or any fast food.

GO ORGANIC :)

Usually eat lunch at the resort. The local communities close to the resorts in Japan survive in the winter off of the ski/business business. The government has a special subsidized highway fee program now so I try to spend some of the money I saved on the highway fees at the resort usually on lunch or on treats for the folks in my office. Gotta do my part to keep the economy going.

I work for the resort too, but they don't give much for breaks unless you are in uni. :mad: And then it is only about 30% off.

That said this place does have awesome on mtn food. Wood fired pizza ovens, chinese wok to order. All you can salad bar with smoked salmon, 20 kinds of cheese - all the good stuff. Roast beef and turkey for under $15.

I still don't eat at the hill much.

Fine then, MORE BURGERS FOR ME.

Really though, I don't buy food when I ride either. But I do love burgers.

Have you had an organic burger? My best friend and his wife eat nothing but organic. I took my daughter to his son's b-day and the cake was organic and my daughter said it tasted gritty. I'd have to agree after tasting it. Don't mind the lifestyle, but a kids b-day party isn't the time or place to push organic b-day cake on the unexpecting.

Seldom do I see the inside of the lodge. They could gut it and raise chickens inside and I wouldn't notice. :eek::lol:

Install a full court basket ball court, fill it with foam rubber and make a jump pit, dig it out and install a swimming pool, insall a skate park. etc (you get the idea)

Get there EARLY, ride hard from first chair till one or two oclock - off to work. Eat on the chair if I need to . Sub Way on the way to work FIVE DOLLAR FOOT LONG:1luvu: Talk on the chair lift please. No stopping to chat dig?

Note: I appreciate being fed on the chairlift ;) :1luvu::biggthump I miss Ed's generous "Big Bite" or half a PB&J toasted san.

No need to get the large.Lots of healthy jalepenos to counter the fries,lots of chili and cheese to make sure no one gets in the gondola with you.Still only $4.25!

Jackass rules!! Do they still offer free wax job during lunch?

The old timer's taking your skis off the gondy?

Looking down on the hanging laundry in first portion of the long gondy ride.

(the original name of the resort) about Silver anymore is the parent company that is draining it dry and treating it's employees like ****e.They even tore down the iconic old lodge out at chair four two years ago and didn't even leave an out house.Ladies, make sure you pee at the crappy, run down,leaky main lodge, cuz out at four you're 40 minutes from a bathroom.We the faithful continue to patronize the mountain, because we know that deep under that neglected pile of delapidated lifts and crappy grooming is the soul of a great mountain.It always allowed snowboarding and was the very first resort I rode back in 81/82 .

Another resort(boardski's home base) is actually running an ad directed at Silver and it's rep for poorly treated customers and disgruntled employees.

And on the good side...Ther are actually a few very cool people working there and we still do the unofficial beer races for Marti gras,which is always a fun day,and you can still ride up or down the gondola with a beer in each hand:)

I don't mind paying big bucks for good food, but it really ticks me off to pay alot and receive something that's barely edible. Winter Park (love this mountain but I gotta say this) has horrible food. Even at half price, it sucks. On the other hand, Vail has great food ... gourmet, even though it costs an arm and a leg.

My cheapy lunch is a bowl of instant noodle soup. I bring a cooked chicken breast, cut up the pieces and mix it in. Yum. Most mountain cafeterias don't care if you use their hot water.