Note to New Members ×

Sidewinders?

jburrill

Or you can throw on a boot and while you are in your binding give it some torque and have another person with needle nose pliers swap them out.

This worked rather well last night despite the intake of several PBRs

Now that I think about it...

At one point Justin was standing on the board, I was bent over trying to torque the bindings, and Mark was down below playing operation

... must have looked like a sick game of twister

Switching the E-pads is easy. I've tested these bindings on 4 different boards including my slalom board which usually sucks. They have definately changed my riding style for the better. I am way more comfortable and natural while turning. These did wonders for my slalom/fall line turning. As far as Im concerned, these are more of an advancement than metal boards.

I've also done a TD3 v Sidewinder comparison. Both are great, but the Sidewinders win in my book based on pure versitility and comfort. Flex and movement will either occur in the binding linkage or in other areas such as boots or body parts. If you want to rip super hard high G-force turns then use TD3's. If you want a more mellow versitile feel, then go with Sidewinders. I would use Sidewinders for softer crud snow. TD3's for morning groomers. Bye Bye Burtons.

If you want to rip super hard high G-force turns then use TD3's. If you want a more mellow versitile feel, then go with Sidewinders. I would use Sidewinders for softer crud snow. TD3's for morning groomers. Bye Bye Burtons.

Kinda strange since these bindings are in the first place meant for racers with moderate angles to gain more control by more lateral flex in hard rutted courses/races. So don't know what you mean. Sounds like the opposite.

I am way more comfortable and natural while turning.

Yes.

If you want to rip super hard high G-force turns then use TD3's. If you want a more mellow versitile feel, then go with Sidewinders.

I also completely disagree with this as do pretty much all the racers that rip super hard high G-force turns (although, most of them are still on F2s).

As Thor said though, to each his own. That statement may be true for you.

Maybe I just phrased it wrong. It feels like sidewinders have lateral flex ect which is less jarring on my knees. They have a smoother ride. Bumps, ruts, extreme nastar courses ect tend not to rattle the board and rider around as much as TD3's. They allow the board to run a smoother (m e l l o w e r ) track. Therefore allowing the rider to achieve higher G-force turns. Yes!

Doesn't look like it to me, but I am no trailertrash at deciding these things. ;)

Hope your winter is going well.

Footage from finals bracket. Sorry no race audio as camera mics shorted in the snow squall earlier in the day.

<center> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://blip.tv/scripts/pokkariPlayer.js?ver=2009070701"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://blip.tv/syndication/write_player?skin=js&posts_id=2867319&source=3&autoplay=true&file_type=wmv&player_width=720&player_height=480"></script> Snowfun4you-JaseyJayAndersonWinsCopperRaceToTheCupPGS11132009719.wmv.jpg

Click to play. 2X click for full screen

</center>

Cheers,

B-2

Oh they are turning hard and well, no doubt. But if they were pulling high g's they would most likely be decelerating wouldn't they? They would have to turn up the hill more to do it.

I don't know why they would need to be decelerating, but G-force is mostly function of speed and turn radius of a carve (acceleration toward the center of the arc we are making). Those speeds will still create seriously high Gs for a person carving a snowboard, even with a bigger radius turn. Sure looks like those quads are working hard and the rebound they are creating out of those turns is adding to it as well.

I would assume that watching that in person would put a whole new perspective on it.

Better be careful or this might turn into a flame war. I've been watching your post recently. :D

ah I love semantic quarreling, so heres more gasoline.

it is correct to say that pulling G's does slow one down. In aerobatics when one pulls more G's one slows down because you increase the drag when you increase the G's that you are pulling. It is the same with snowboarding. If you enter a carve at the same speed the more G's you pull the slower you will exit, of course there is an element of time to be accounted for but this is the internet so why bother.

I think you could say that what they are attempting to do while racing is pull the fewest G's possible while going as fast as possible which as mentioned directly influences the G's. So they are pulling hard G's but they are also attempting to minimize the amount they pull.