Note to New Members ×

helmet camera's?

CARV-NY

Does any one here use a helmet camera? If so what kind? Im looking for something waterproof that can also be used for surfing any suggestions?

Mohouck from CODA Board was shooting us at Cypress, BC http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27904 with this ContourHD - HD Helmet Cam and 1080p HD Helmet Camera by VholdR http://www.vholdr.com/front_page. Camera blend in with helmet and it doesn't looks bulky.

Check with Shawndoggy here "another" thread about helmet camera http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27243&highlight=shawndoggy

Good luck

Roy

I was skeptical of the suction cup mount and claims that it could pull dents on car doors, etc...but after applying to my full-face helmet Saturday, did not release, even after a solid tumble, heelside -to-toeside wipe out with head whack to the ground, shoulder plant.....after the carnage, still attached...didn't come off....unfortunately, didn't capture the crash on the GoPro as I'd hoped and managed to re-separate my shoulder for the ump-teenth time. Crap-tastic!

GoPro HD.....I have seen them take a beating with no ill effects....the only problem I have heard about them is that the format is more friendly to Imovie and FinalCut than it is to Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere and Premiere Elements

The sticky mounts on the Go-Pro are bulletproof. My co-worker and I took his down the Olympic bobsleigh course in Calgary last month. The driver laughed at him - she's had TV cameras mounted on the sled that got pulverised by the 5G turns, and she was convinced we'd be hiking back to look for it. He and I both got a beating, but that camera went nowhere.

(It took us ten minutes to get the mount off the helmet at the end, but the footage was awesome.:) )

unfortunately, didn't capture the crash on the GoPro as I'd hoped and managed to re-separate my shoulder for the ump-teenth time. Crap-tastic!

Some friends have bullet cams for videoing rally cars. They put them places that you wouldn't want to put a person. Anyway, the bulletcam manufacturer has a guarantee that if you manage to break the lense, just send them the footage of the lens being broken (usually a spectacular crash) then they'll replace the cam at no cost. Does GoPro do anything like that?