Note to New Members ×

How many snowboards do you currently own?

Guest Randy S.

How Many Snowboards Do You Own?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Snowboards Do You Own?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or More

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i already did 360 km/h beat that!

Then you must be a very experienced skydiver, doing it either on an absolute "divin" or "standin" position from a considerable altitude, as the terminal velocity for a falling human being with arms and legs outstretched is about 190 km per hour ( assuming 100kg weight and a g of 9.8 m/s/s)

Originally posted by chooblaykhan

hey i already did 360 km/h beat that!

Then you must be a very experienced skydiver, doing it either on an absolute "divin" or "standin" position from a considerable altitude, as the terminal velocity for a falling human being with arms and legs outstretched is about 190 km per hour ( assuming 100kg weight and a g of 9.8 m/s/s)

Yea, I've read that while experienced skydivers can get in the 160-180 mph range (255-285 kpm) it takes years of practice just to break 200 mph (320 kpm) and you have to jump from a special airplane to do it.

I guess boogieman must be a pro skydiver who specializes in high altitude low open jump (HALO) jumps or something.

Guest boogieman

head down all the way, anyway thats what my pro track told me and if you dont beleve me come to belgium and try to catch up with me! and besides theres a lot more to it then just your weight for example how tall you are what kind of suit you wear the porosity of your suit (with a wing suit your at 80km/h aprox) and how flat you fall since falling flat is pretty difficult but standing on your head and going straight down is a lot more difficult and yes i did quite a fuw jumps yes

and stop reading about it just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest thomas_m

Me:

Madd 170(soon?)

Prior AWD 169

Donek Wide 161

Option Sansalone 161

Mitsuko:

Oxygen APX 158 (thanks Dave!)

Option Paloma 147

Kids:

Forum JP Walker MiniPro 138

Soloman Team 124

Soloman Team 105

Still need to pick up something in the 115 range as a new board for Angus. Everyone else in the family got a new board for the season and fair's fair...

T.

Carving sticks:

156 Santa Cruz race (1st alpine purchase, wall hanger) :p

168 Burton Ultra Prime

171 Rossi Throttle (x2)

174 Prior 4X4

175 PureCarve Maverick (latest purchase) :D

Powder sticks

156 HD Burton Fish

164 Santa Cruz Flame

178 O'Sin 4807

:D

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by skategoat

thomas:

I have an Option Makinen Jr. in 120 that I'd be willing to trade for something in either a 128 or 138 range.

The base of the board is in excellent shape, the top sheet has the usual knicks from careless kids.

Location is Toronto but shipping is no prob.

Lemme know.

Henry

Alas, the mini-Makinen sounds cool but it's the 105cm that will get freed up. The 138 is my daughter's new board this season.

T.

Originally posted by nekdut

Hey NMU Boarder,

What year is that 159 FP? I didnt know Burton made an FP that short that had a GS-ish sidecut.

95/96.... I was surprised as heck when I found it too..... It works perfect here in the Mid-West. Short enough to deal with the crowds, yet enought sidecut to let it loose on a race course....

• 1 month later...

Hey guys:

I think I may have most of you beat- I haven't counted since the end of last season, but since this sept. I've added about 9 more to my shrine..... which brings me to about 46-48 boards in all.

Many of mine are specialty, old school, promotional or special edition boards that don't have a lot of use. As far as JUST carving boards, I have about 10-12 out of the whole pack of em.

And guess what-

the most I've paid for a board or package was $140.

Rock on! (shred on)

I've got 4 right now:

Rossi 167 CM VAS race board, red white & blue (primary ride)

Rossi 168 CM Throttle board (Just got it last week, was going to be a backup, but since my buddy is converting from the soft side, I'm going to hook him up for what I paid for it and sell it to him, and [shameless plug]I'm selling off his shorter carving boards that are unsuitable for him in the Bomber classifieds to help finance it.)

Burton Supermodel 173 (Supermodels have been my PRIMARY boards for almost 10 years now, WITH plates, but since I'm riding back east now, I am keeping this board on hand specifically for out west powder riding)

Burton 180 CM, right now I'm havign a brain cramp remembering if its a FP or UP. I intend on selling very soon, not riding.

I like my Rossi Race VAS 167 for serious carving, and my Supermodel for powder and the like, but anything else is always open game for selling. I'm always looking locally to pick up a board or two and pass them along after tuning them up for minimal profit. When I flip enough of them, I'll buy a Donek and sell my Rossi 167.

As much as I'd like to have 50, I'm trying to get the quiver down to 2 boards. It's bad enough I have 4 bikes and 3 surfboards.

Guest Ghostrider

Burton Balance 156

Gordo Eddie No Claz 158

Volkl 168 RTGS

Volkl 163 RTSL

Anybody want to get rid of a upper 160's or low 170's Donek or Madd reservation? :D e-mail me!!

up to 3 bikes

a 24" Mongoose cruiser (set up for racing)

a 24" Badd racing cruiser (set up for Urban with a 4" travel shock and a disk brake.

a 24" Giant full suspension bike (new and not likely to be ridden until I return to the USA)

see the theme here? I like 24" wheels they are hard to trash

I think I'm up to 6 skateboards DH and pool/ramp boards, I just put together a new Jay Adams Dogtown (for some reason we ride the same style/setup board) that is goona be my main Australia board next year

Snowboards

163 Flite Asym

175 RC Coiler

160 something Ogasaka (that'll never see snow again too floppy now)

Still looking for a Slalom board and a eventually an AM in the 180ish range

1. The venerable 171 Donek Freecarve II

2. My Coiler 169 All Mountain (with yellow/red flames of course)

3. Last but not least my trusty do anything/go anywhere 164 Donek Incline.

FINALLY...this year...All are ordorned with Bomber bindings....bails in the front and stepins in the rear. No more wearing out those damned srews switching bindings around! Halleluha Brothers!

Bring it on!:D