Note to New Members ×

Aspen turns! ???

Ray

I'm going to say Snowmass is probably your best bet. Jim and I were going to go up this morning and decided not to. Coverage is slim, but I think that's the best option. Aspen would be choice two. Jim and I should be up for riding in the morning on Saturday too, so give us a call!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, sounds like snowmass is the place, I will have P drop me off at the mall. I will give you a yell as we are leaving the Smithy in Carbondale

mario

What is P going to do for the day? If she's going into Aspen than that plan makes sense; otherwise we could look at carpooling from Basalt in the morning, if she was planning to stay downvalley while you ride. If I guess right though, I suspect she'll be doing some shopping in Aspen :rolleyes:

These Temps and Lack of Snow conditions are very similar to the 76 -77 Season where it was mid January before conditions were viable enough to not ruin your equipment on the exposed Rocks... heads up to anyone planning on spending the funds to come to Aspen/Snowmass until there is a turn in the current weather patterns... :(

These Temps and Lack of Snow conditions are very similar to the 76 -77 Season where it was mid January before conditions were viable enough to not ruin your equipment on the exposed Rocks... heads up to anyone planning on spending the funds to come to Aspen/Snowmass until there is a turn in the current weather patterns... :(

Jim and I will second that. Went to snowmass yesterday and any semblance of decent conditions that were left were obliterated by the high winds on New Year's Eve (reported 85 mph gusts at Ajax!). It is scrubbed down to the boiler plate with exposed rocks and debris from the wind all over the trail. It took Jim and I about 35 minutes to do one run from the top of Snowmass back down because we were going so slow (and side slipping, not a turn to be had), and Jim dinged up the edge of his board, so it is at the tune shop for repairs.

I might pull out the road bike again until it dumps some more snow! :AR15firin

I might pull out the road bike again until it dumps some more snow! :AR15firin

Ugh... hope it dumps by SES (but not during SES). I want to ride something other than my VSR 170 a.k.a. "involuntary rock board". (yeah, our season has pretty much gone the same way)

Still, even after the last storm, more snow is sure needed. Buttermilk crew says they cannot groom as they are used to because of not enough base yet. None the less, they will do their best for the World Carving Session & SES...

Good thing Ajax is prime!!! :biggthump