Note to New Members ×

Summit and Eagle County Carve-O-Rama

fin

Went out to the Beav on Thurs 12/31 for their so-called 13". Like PC said Larry said, one of the busiest days I've ever seen. Like Killington. The snow was ok, but hard to believe they got 13" - not a true 13" pow day. All the fresh was gone before 10:00 AM. I think they got a good chunk of it in the morning on 12/30 and it got skied down during the day, and then they got more over night. Coverage is getting much better. The groomers were out and about all day all over the mountain laying down fresh carpet.

Didn't go out today. Will this weekend. Snow showers forcasted through the weekend. May not add up to much tough.

I can/will ride this weekend, and Tues, Wed or Thurs of next week. mpp

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Snowman and CFJ04 @ Abasin today.

Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcSuh3jedI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcSuh3jedI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Vid not available Ace.

The Beav is good shape. Rode Saturday and Sunday. Snowed most of the day Sat, which resulted in 5" for the Sunday AM report and another 1" today. The grooming and coverage was really good on Sunday. Larkspur Bowl was in good shape. Upper Centennial-Willy's Face is open and groomed as well as Lower Centennial & 1876. Those faces have tons of man made and were just open a few days ago, so it varies between being rock hord and gushy soft in spots. The more the rake it the better it will get though. A few other runs are groomed and in good shape.

The crowds have dissipated quite a bit since New Year's Eve. After another sunny day today on top of a couple days of grooming, there could be some epic runs tomorrow morning.

Anyone in for Tuesday 01/05/10? Snowman? Eisenman? Thor? Fin? PC? Ace? Big - get your ass over here!!!??? Anyone??? :sleep:

I can ride Wednesday and/or Thursday as well, and both days this weekend. You guys need to get over here!!! :biggthump

my days off are Sunday and Wensday. I am planning to ride on Wensday January 6 unless the weather is going to be real bad? Havent decided where I will be ridiing on Wensday yet. Is anyone else planning on riding this Wensday? I had a complete blast at Keystone Sunday Jan 3! rode 5 hours and did lots of mogul runs on the prior 174 4x4. Had fun on the groomed as well with the new snow. The all mountain board is the way to go on a weekend. I think I will wait to go to Beaver Creek or Vail as I have vacation time to use up and can go there then. The forecast for Wensday is saying snow but there is no indication as to how much?

my days off are Sunday and Wensday. I am planning to ride on Wensday January 6 unless the weather is going to be real bad? Havent decided where I will be ridiing on Wensday yet. Is anyone else planning on riding this Wensday? I had a complete blast at Keystone Sunday Jan 3! rode 5 hours and did lots of mogul runs on the prior 174 4x4. Had fun on the groomed as well with the new snow. The all mountain board is the way to go on a weekend. I think I will wait to go to Beaver Creek or Vail as I have vacation time to use up and can go there then. The forecast for Wensday is saying snow but there is no indication as to how much?

I might be up for it wed....might pay our new proponent a visit:eplus2:

Had a great day on 01/05 @ the Beav w/ Kress & Eisenman. Light was really flat and some of the coverage was skinny. Not the best snow conditions yet, but pretty darn good overall. Some snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow, but then nothing for the next 10 days. :( Crowds were fairly light. Let's do it again soon! mpp

FYI, I rode Keystone last Sunday night, and they regroomed Frenchman. They didnt open it up until 5pm, and they closed at 6 (it was a sunday), but it was a very nice hour doing 4 laps on the gondola. On the days they stay open till 8, it would be worth hitting. I asked a couple of lifties about the regroom and they didn't know anything about it.

It does sound like a terrible country song. I'm not making it out of Bismark tonight. Sorry boys, no Abasin for me. Im riding in Summit for sure Saturday morning somewhere before the monkeys come out if anybody is around. Is this what my life has come to....riding on the F@#$ing weekend? Oh well. Such is life. Peas out. DH

It does sound like a terrible country song. I'm not making it out of Bismark tonight. Sorry boys, no Abasin for me. Im riding in Summit for sure Saturday morning somewhere before the monkeys come out if anybody is around. Is this what my life has come to....riding on the F@#$ing weekend? Oh well. Such is life. Peas out. DH

$10 says regret starts to set in before the tunnel:freak3: