Note to New Members ×

I'M riding March 4,5,6,7. Not OES

shane groshong

Hope to drive up the third and ride 4,5,and 6, driving home on the 7th. Got a spot in the rig for another. Anybody want to carpool from the Bay Area?

Mike T., what days are you riding? I want to take you up on the offer to try your Monster and VSR. Need to decide what to have Bruce build me.

Where's everybody staying? Be cool if we could hang together.

Scott

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Missoula now so I'm out of the loop. I've checked the Bachelor website for deals. Looks like the 3-5 day pass is reasonable. And I've checked craigslist for tickets, etc. Anyone have any ideas or heard about any fantastic lift ticket deals while we are over there? Maybe that include lodging too? I'll keep looking.

Thank you,

Ed

Hope to drive up the third and ride 4,5,and 6, driving home on the 7th. Got a spot in the rig for another. Anybody want to carpool from the Bay Area?

Mike T., what days are you riding? I want to take you up on the offer to try your Monster and VSR. Need to decide what to have Bruce build me.

Where's everybody staying? Be cool if we could hang together.

Scott

Scott - definitely in for Sat + Sun, hopefully at least one of the other two days. I'll make sure you get a chance to try those boards.

Living in Missoula now so I'm out of the loop. I've checked the Bachelor website for deals. Looks like the 3-5 day pass is reasonable. And I've checked craigslist for tickets, etc. Anyone have any ideas or heard about any fantastic lift ticket deals while we are over there? Maybe that include lodging too? I'll keep looking.

Thank you,

Ed

Bachelor doesn't have the killer deals that they had last year such as the 4 days for $110 ticket that many used last year. Simply put, they are seeing more business this year and probably don't feel they have to reduce prices as much.

BTW carving conditions were the best I've seen all year this morning. Nice firm groom on Beverly Hills... lapped it 9x before it got too bumpy. 21K feet by noon, legs are dead as I have ridden 11 of 15 days. Actually, I think I'm still recovering from 4 days at SES.

Cool Mike, Thanks.

Best I saw was a three day for $147

Looking at the Lodging. Riverview at $95 a night with a full breakfast. Anybody see anything better?

2 of the kids and I stayed at the Riverhouse for the races earlier this month. 2 queens in a seperate room, Murphy in the living room. I think it was 728 for 3 nights and 3-3day passes. Includes free breakfast buffet

Anyone interested in sharing a room together in a cheaper rate motel. The Sugarloaf sounds good. I need to cut back on expenses were I can for this trip. Call me if you would like so we could discus the options. I'd like to get a reservation soon.

Thanks,

Ed 406-207-9004

Ed, I have not firmed up what day I am going down. If I get there before you, perhaps I can get a larger room?

Let's talk. I can almost smell the Chan's now!!!!!!!!

Thought.

NOT ONLINE, however, those interested in being on a NOT OES Community Contact List ,NOESCCL, future references please just say the "Nose Sickle List" with there phone number email etc. Perhaps email me and I will put it together and make it available to those going?? Just a though. Often you end up there and then can't find someones number. Those who do offer then info acknowledge it will be provided only to those who do the same and plan to attend. Fair enough??

Sounds good, Bryan. I can smell Chan's Chinese Food too. I'm looking into a few options with the lodging. I really want to get a place with big jacuzzi. So far my research has led to The Sugarloaf $68.20 and the Entrada Lodge $89.00 up on Century Dr. they have the big jaccuzzi. But if we could get three in the room that would really cut back on the price too.

I'm scheduling to be accomadations from Wed. night through Sun. night. 5 nights total. We can work out when you all can make it too. and it can be a room for anyone with last minute plans too. I have 2 cots we can set up for people to crash on.

Heres my verizon work number. 406-241-7002

cell. 406-207-9004

I just booked my room at the Riverhouse. I really love that place. They have a free hot breakfast in the morning and a nice hot tub and pool.

I'll be there Wed. night with my GF Carla and we'll be riding Thur, Fri and Sat.

FYI on some rates at the Riverhouse. Multi day lift tickets are cheaper through them than at Bachelor if you stay there. $118 for a 3 day pass!

Some room rates, all prices include taxes:

Standard queen based on two people $88.20 night

Two queens based on four people $106.68 night

Family kitchen suite, has a room with two queens and a murphy bed in the living room 138.60 night

We'll see you all next week.

Randy

Thanks for that info Randy. I would really prefer to stay in the bigger room and share the cost. That one with the two beds and the murphy bed would be ideal. If anyone wants to commit to getting it, lets make the plans soon at the Riverhouse. I'm going to call the Sugarloaf and get a room for myself by this time tomorrow. I need a secure place to sleep other than the campground down in Tumalo.;) I would love to pay no more than 50 bucks a night. Lets get that big one at the Riverhouse and cut the cost for us all??!

I'm thinking now about just rolling into town and finding something cheap. Hows everything going with everyone elses lodging. Where you all staying at? I won't try to encroach in on your floor space.

Hi Ed,

One of the best low cost places to stay in Bend is the Rainbow Motel. It's clean and usually about $40 per night.

Don

Rainbow Motel

154 NE Franklin Ave

Bend, Oregon 97701

Phone: 541-382-1821

Reviews:

http://www.travel-library.com/hotels/north_america/usa/oregon/bend/rainbow_motel.html

Just spoke to Shane from "Rainbow" chair. Conditions are good. He thinks Monday should be excellent. Temps may be on the "Bubble" this coming week. Pray for cold!!! Moisture in the pipe, so it could be good. Wouldn't it be nice if we can get a freshener couple inches every other day? I guy can hope. I plan to get down there to ride Tuesday through Friday? Chan's on Thursday sound good?

Of course I may not be able to wait that long. :)

So far the 3 out of 5 looks like the best value/deal for tickets.

Watch the Mt Bachelor site, hopefully they will have some March Promos?

Radios? Cell phones? Everyone still parking at Sunshine? This will be my first trip to Bach this season. Strange. :eek:

I will update from Bend as soon as I get there. Getting excited to see old friends and ride different terrain. :biggthump

PS. I heard Ross was sighted !! :nono: Turkey, didn't say a word!! :AR15firin

Bryan

:biggthumpYes I was sighted and had a few good runs today I'm hoping for some new stuff and I will be coming over Friday night:1luvu:. I need to find a place to stay :eplus2: any help is great. It was was great to run into shane but I had to make the runs swith the Fam. :argue: See u all next week :eplus2:

Still negotiating with work over whether I can get time off. I am hoping to be able to ride Thursday and Friday from opening to noon. Will be there Saturday and Sunday, Bonnie and Jeana will be around too so might spend some ride time with them.

Cell: 541 three fifty double two double five.

I suspect Randy means SunRISE not SunSHINE lift... the latter is the beginner lift on the west side.

Just arrived in town. 4PM. Got a room 32$ plus a bunch of fees of course. Cascade Lodge 420 SE 3rd (south end of town- closer to the mountain) 35$ plus fees for two. Decent. Small fridge with micro. Table chairs. Basic , but clean. Free wi-fi with log on. Small coffee pot.

Sorry, couldn't wait, had to hit Chan's tonight :p :biggthump

post-198-141842305775_thumb.jpg