Note to New Members ×

I'M riding March 4,5,6,7. Not OES

shane groshong

Awesome! Glad to hear that you and the PNW crew are having fun! :biggthump

When we left Bach yesterday it was snowing and all forecasts called for more. NOPE!!

Bluebird, great cold snow. Summit opened , killer conditions and great riders!!

I am so impressed how much improvement some of the riders have made in only one year!!

Photos to follow.

Dinner at Chan's at 7PM If you are a "Lurker" in Bend and want to meet other alpine snowboarders. Here is your chance!! Come by and introduce yourself!! All are welcome!!

Bryan

Photos:

Morning shot of Mt Bachelor

Afternoon Brats

Ed having a brat

post-198-14184230629_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842306292_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842306296_thumb.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, you're the local, tell us where we should go! By the way, the Thai rocked tonight and watching Bonnie dance was really cool!

Bryan, I really need to get a copy of the picture with Gretchen standing tall in the middle of us and Bonnie with her fist in the air.

What a great day, can't wait till tomorrow!

Scott

If we get say 10 people we can make a reservation at Deschutes Brewpub. Johnny Carino's (Thursday night last year) can always take a group on short notice too. Off to the hill soon! The webcams show sun, but the grooming at the bottom of Pine Marten looks a bit iffy. On days like this Rainbow, Summit and Outback are often best bets... hopefully Ed's Garden will not have a race today.

Bryan, I really need to get a copy of the picture with Gretchen standing tall in the middle of us and Bonnie with her fist in the air.

What a great day, can't wait till tomorrow!

Scott

Happy to Scott ! I can send the original via email. Email me please.

Have fun today!! It looks awesome!!

Bryan

post-198-141842306367_thumb.jpg

Sweet, temps are in the 20's right now. Things are looking up for good AM grooming... fingers crossed!

Not sure whether I will be up 1st thing again or 10ish with the family, but will be there one way or another.

Great to see everyone...

Abel

Bonnie

Bryan

Carla

Dan

Don

Ed

Eric

Etsu

Evan

Greg

Gretchen

Jenny

Mark

Natalie

Randy

Ross

Scott

Shane

... and if you've fallen victim to my several-beer-induced amnesia please do not hesitate to straighten me out :biggthump

BIG thanks to Shane for getting the ball rolling.

I'll second that Mike! My best day this season so far. :1luvu:The weather, the snow, beat the hell out of Aspen this year.

Running with the NOES gang was a blast. Rode so hard I left everything I had on the hill. (Almost fell down the stairs getting to the hot tub my legs were so shot.) It will be interesting to see how well I can get out of the car after the nine hour drive tomorrow!:eek:

So good to spend the time with everybody again. Can't wait till next year.

It was great to meet and ride with all you folks on Thursday and Friday. Thursday was definitely my best day of the season so far and I had permagrin all Friday!

Thanks for letting me tag along!

Good to finally put a carve with a BOL ID!! Nice to meet you Evan! What a great group of folks! I can not believe our luck. Wednesday it was snowing and we expected more overnight. Instead we woke to bluebird sky!! The groomers were great and only got better Friday!! Sure glad I was able to ride with the gang this year. Sore but so worth it!! Cheerishing the memories!! Bryan

Quick edit. Most of the footage from 030410

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTug6LpGMIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTug6LpGMIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

post-198-141842306475_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842306479_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842306481_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone I had a great time again this year. Don and Etsu thank you

You’re welcome Ross!

We want to thank everyone for making this gathering so much fun and also thank Shane for the parking lot parties and Eric and Abel for providing the Diablo snowboard demos. For those who could not make it (Russell, Steve P, b0ardski, Galen, Dan in Portland, Max, Buell and Rebecca), hopefully we’ll see you next time.

We had a great time riding and partying with everyone!

Don & Etsu

Here are some pictures from Etsu:

1. Mt Bachelor's eastside backcountry

2. Scott, Randy, Abel, Mike & Carla

3. Ross & Mike

post-2379-141842306835_thumb.jpg

post-2379-141842306838_thumb.jpg

post-2379-141842306841_thumb.jpg

I'm glad you all had such a great time! I wish I could have been there again, but instead I was stuck helping out my wife and some of the in-laws cope with 17" of fresh powder in Park City. Fortunately, I packed the big Zephyr along. At least thursday and sunday afternoon had decent carving conditions.

Are you planning to not do this again the same weekend next year? I hope not, because a group of our friends want to get together in Aspen for a week of skiing/boarding and evenings of Oscar nominee flicks and good wine. We need more weekends and longer winters...

OhD (Dennis from White Pass)