Note to New Members ×

insane CL prices:

DiveBomber

Uhh I was down at the Edmonton ski and Snowboard show (shopping for my kids) when I came across a never been ridden 147cm Burton Coil with the deal price of $1799.00. The sales guy said it "was a piece of snowboarding history". :(

He came up to talk to me because I was looking at the board with a extremely stunned look on my face as my brain was in the process of rebooting due to it refusing to accept the extra 9 in the price tag.

Dave

Uhh I was down at the Edmonton ski and Snowboard show (shopping for my kids) when I came across a never been ridden 147cm Burton Coil with the deal price of $1799.00. The sales guy said it "was a piece of snowboarding history". :(

He came up to talk to me because I was looking at the board with a extremely stunned look on my face as my brain was in the process of rebooting due to it refusing to accept the extra 9 in the price tag.

Dave

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaha! That's the greatest thing I've seen in a while. :D

Dave

For that price you can get a couple of Coilers, a case of beer, and a hooker. :biggthump

that Santa Cruz was always a favorite of mine though that price is (I think) more than it was new:smashfrea

I loved the 64 that came before the wood top one. Berry nice ride.

As far as CL prices - I thought CL was just a place to fence stolen stuff.

Do you guys really shop there?

I bought 2 pairs of, perfectly legitimate, great skis at great price on CL. Once I bougth a snowboard that sounded a bit fishy.

However, it was the eBay where I won an auction where it was proven that item was stolen, or a fraud. I was very lucky to get my money back. Unfortunatelly, there was a BOL member, or at least someone who lurked, involved...

I guess my point is that you can run into stinky deal just about anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah, but not 167s. When The House blew out their unsold 167s about 6 years ago, I think they priced them around $150.

yeah, there have been some 167s that went fairly high here, not retail but 300ish.

I payed 200 for my 197 in 2003 or so, close to retail for my 188 but that was because I bought it retail. in 1998 or 99. sims gave me a couple on warranty after that so I got my money's worth.

I have a race stock 188 with 1 year's minimal use. It has slight delam on the top sheet around the rear inserts, but isn't a structural issue. I'd fix it (certainly easily done) but would rather sell "as is" so the buyer is aware. It's just sitting in the basement as it's more board than my old weak ass needs these days. Sold it 3-4 years ago here, but the buyer wasn't comfortable, so I gave the money back.....took it out the next day and rode it.

That all said...if anyone wants a 188 Burner in prime condition, I have one.

K

4 days ago i bought a used F2 1,35 board with bindings for my daughter for 24 euros which i think is a bargain (from the photos i have seen)haven't received it yet to verify it's condition.

The thing is that i was watching e-bay to find something at good price and took my time and i saw unbelievable things in there,people where biding on used boards more then they actually cost brand new!

For instance someone bought a used beat up 135 crazy creek (kids freestyle) for 90 euros which is what it costs new here,and that was not just the only case another buyer payed 120 euros for a 2000 model 1,39 kids Nitro!!!!

So as long as there are ignorant and stupid buyers you will also find "SMART" sellers!!!!

By the way here in Greece stuff is pretty expensive but i think that things will change because over 50% of the new generation is buying there gear of the Internet and word spreads out quickly!

I was on the lift chair 5-6 years ago with a 16-17 year old kid and he started asking me questions about my alpine gear and how much it costs and when i asked him about his gear he told me that he bought it from the states on a 70% sale because it was last season stuff ,so his stuff already cos ted almost twice the money in Greece and it was like he got it from here with 90%!

Since then i have bought nothing from the local market and buy all my snowstuff from the internet ,i just bought from the USA 4 jackets and 2 pairs of gloves on a 70%-80% discount(2 burton gloves a special blend packer jacket and a bonfire radient for me,a burton jacket for my daughter and a sessions for my wife)all for 255$ which is about 170 euros and the thing that got me pissed off was that a local store tried to sell me the same last year model special blend jacket for 300 euros telling me that he gave me a good discount to because it was a last year model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tell me this guys why does the G-force Razor cost here 620 euros=910$ and the Donek razor if i am not mistaking is the same board costs there 680$

(Alex if you read this answer me a couple of questions?)

I ran into the guy that tried to sell me the jacket for 300 euros (450$) and he couldn't keep staring at it because he probably thought i bought it from another local seller so i explained to him that i got it from the states for 50 euros(75$) and he got even more shocked ! (BOY WAS THAT FUN LOOKING AT HIS FACE EXPRESION)

Another thing is that companies like Burton and Bonfire (witch is a European company) and many more do not allow sales to Europe from the U.S because the are overpriced here!

Luckily i have dozens of relatives over there and sending me stuff is a piece of cake!!!