Note to New Members ×

BENT or BROKEN

www.oldsnowboards.com

I dunno...I know I'm tripping, but they look thick to me. Not as far as bindings go, they look sleek, they do. But after 12 years of only riding plates I am scared to throw down $ on something I can't try. I have a bro with F2s and I will have to see if he will let me slice a few off on his board.

It's just from when I was a kid, I would take brand new surfboards and literally dent the hell out out the decks where my feet would go, so as to lower my center of gravity and be down in the ditch on my ride. Tough habits to break, especially when I can't afford to brake myself...

• 2 months later...
yep, that is pretty "BROKEN". You can save the stomp pad!!

Might be able to make a plate out of it? Looks like it is pretty close to the inserts.

I did save the stomp pad! Put it on one of my wife's boards that needed it.

If anybody wants it for a plate project let me know. I would guess that it's workable.

I did save the stomp pad! Put it on one of my wife's boards that needed it.

If anybody wants it for a plate project let me know. I would guess that it's workable.

I would. I know I am not going to make it down to Bend again this year. Perhaps you are coming up to Portland??

Thanks, Bryan

I would. I know I am not going to make it down to Bend again this year. Perhaps you are coming up to Portland??

Thanks, Bryan

I'm sure I will at some point. Not right away, though.

You still interested in this Burton M6 for $50?

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?33901-Burton-M6-Asym-Goofy

I could hold on to both for you.

No, no it's not a smile for photo.

It's the joy of a new gift-board just is for her!

Joke, Volant will take place in the gallery of fame!

"Good Boy". Hold down the tail flap while I get this photo for ebay. Stay, ok, now smile really big. PERFECT!

[ATTACH]30466[/ATTACH]

Tomek is right, that there was probably the last Volant 173s in existence

No, I am certain there are other BOL members that own a Volant 173, Maybe the last one in Poland??

As a collector, I am often blown away with what is "Out there". Brand new boards from 1979? Yes.

Somewhere there is a stack of these waiting to be "Found". :biggthump

As a collector, I am often blown away with what is "Out there". Brand new boards from 1979? Yes.

Somewhere there is a stack of these waiting to be "Found". :biggthump

Reminds of this recent story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9203822/Spitfires-buried-in-Burma-during-war-to-be-returned-to-UK.html. I'm eagerly awaiting the discovery of the missing Spitfires in Burma. Can you imagine being able to fly a brand new original Spitfire?

Reminds of this recent story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9203822/Spitfires-buried-in-Burma-during-war-to-be-returned-to-UK.html. I'm eagerly awaiting the discovery of the missing Spitfires in Burma. Can you imagine being able to fly a brand new original Spitfire?

Bob, I had heard about this on the news. Great story. Hope they are successful in digging them up safely. Occasionally I watch the Mecum auctions. Once in a while they will have a brand new car that is 20 years old. I used to be involved with a Model A club here is town. A judge once told me that if you found a brand new perfect condition 30 Ford Coupe and entered it in a contest , it would not win. The cars we "restore" to be blue ribbon cars are far too perfect.

Well not a board, but definitely bent. It bent outwards, disengaging my fintec heel. I managed to kick it back into place using the heel of the boot, so I could get engage the heel and get down the mountain.

post-7931-141842367739_thumb.jpg

Guess I'll be packing a spare receiver from now on.

• 5 months later...
Well not a board, but definitely bent. It bent outwards, disengaging my fintec heel. I managed to kick it back into place using the heel of the boot, so I could get engage the heel and get down the mountain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30588[/ATTACH]

Guess I'll be packing a spare receiver from now on.

Paul. Did you contact the manufacturer? Curious what came of this? Still plan to use them?

• 1 month later...

Landing next to my GF last year on the T7. Didn't break anything however. I tend to land very tail happy but no broken boards after 21 years! :D Getting my new Virus soon so fingers crossed. It's an Avalanche though so should be built for the riggors of the off-piste.

At 0:20 you can see the tail bend while landing.

Lol sorry for the heart stopper! I did damage my base fairly heavily last Saturday at Lake Louise. The snow was great but still rocks underneath. The powder needs to be packed on top and a new layer fallen before it'll be solid mid-season riding. Luckily with some crafty ptex work my board will live to glide another day. This thread had me slightly worried about my new board but it seems like it's more of a hardboot problem on skinny boards. You guys are loading the boards way more, with much stiffer bindings, on a much more narrow board. I should be fine. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just happened upon this one. DON'T DO THIS!!!!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oG7sEUkYCcM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k24ejwRTVZ4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com