Note to New Members ×

Best soft boot compatible snowboard?

ecshredder

For carving. I've been riding a Nidecker Megalight which is relatively soft but also relatively long (163XL) for my size/weight (5'8"/150lbs/size 8). I would imagine that something stiffer would crank carves better but that stiffness might also be pretty rough.

I'm sure the questions will come on here as to why I don't just go hard... but I still enjoy the freeride component of my soft setup, although I'm definetely getting a little old and sore for that.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

+ 1 on that prior

I rode one last year and Its the top, for soft carve.

It was a 168 24ish wide 15-17 sidecut metal(not exposed)

Id try the supermodelX, I much prefered it to the supermodel for pure carving

From Burton I would recomend a T6....the thing rails like no other and is the eurocarve master for me in the east, I have a 64W and love it

Look at the new Salomon Burner too, nice smooth ride with a flex between the 2 supermodels but with a turnier feel thanks to a little more taper

I would like to recommend Prior ATV, but yes, with its waist width I have to set the angles to 53/48 for my softboots (32 Forecast). Good thing is I can do extremecarving (frontside) with this setup...

curious what angles and board weist you presently ride. I am around 38/28 on most my softboot setups. I tried higher and 53/48 I can't do in softies even with 3 strap burtons.... Props to you good sir !

:biggthump

I am a dedicated soft boot carver and have ridden hard boots and even had a great set up but went back to softies because I just like it better. Maybe someday I will go back to Hard booting but not right now.

With that said, I have tried the Volkl Cross and actually sold it half way thru the season bc I did not like it.

I ride a Burton Fusion which is their boardercross board they sold from about 2000-2004. For me it is perfect. I have ridden 3 seasons with a 160cm and this year found a 165cm which I am very excited about. I also have Burton elevators on all my carving boards. I did not thing they would be a big deal but I really can edge and power my board better with them. I ride Burton Drivers and I ride the SI system and love it. Easy in and out , but the biggest bonus is how stiff they are. Freestylers and tricksters may have hated them but for carving they power the board beautifully.

I used to try and ride steeper angles but I settled last year on a 33f/24r set up. For me that has worked best.

Anyways, hope this helped you some and remember...there is no shame in going soft.