Note to New Members ×

Fix on dorm supplies?

crazyTKDsquirrel

Well my gf's sewing didn't hold up :p.

013-3.jpg

014-1.jpg

My gloves persist on ripping open on the inside of my thumb. I already tried duct tape, but it won't stick very well on the plastic/rubber stuff on the glove. The only other thing I can think of that will work well is silicone, but I don't have any in my dorm.

Does anyone have anyone have any ideas for fixes? I may just have to end up waiting until I go back home (~7 weeks). The seasons almost over anyway :(

Best thing I've done is to first sew it back together with thread or floss (doesn't really matter), then use something called "DipIt". You can get it at a hardware store. It's the stuff that they use to make handles for tools like hammers. It's very easy to apply (with a brush) and goes on very smoothly. I found that it works better than shoe goo because it doesn't peel off of the glove and goes on smoothly. It also doesn't conduct the cold like duct tape. It comes in either black or red.

A

More sewing work.

• Unstitch at least 1/2 way the G-tex liner and insulation from the edge of the glove and pull it out.
  • Put in a couple stitches to match the sides.
  • Put a piece of tape or other over the seem to temporary seal it on the outside of the glove.
  • Flip the glove inside out.
  • Cut a piece of fabric that will overlap both side by a half-inch.
  • Apply shoe glue or other flexible adhesive to the patch and stick it on.
  • The tape on the outside is there to prevent the glue from leeking too much.
  • Let cure, flip and re-sow liner.

The material on those gloves won't hold with simple stitching...

Keep your hand out of the snow.

I never touch the stuff.

The gloves were originally my gf's. She was the one who ripped them like that in the first place. She thinks something caught on it and ripped it. On top of that they were a little big on her, so she gave them to me. They're 60 dollar gloves so I was like hell yes!