Note to New Members ×

Problem with CATEK company

Ondrej

Hello, I ordered D3 elastomers from their online store 4 days ago, my card was normally charged but I still hasn't got even confirmation e-mail from them. I tried to call them, nobody picks up the phone, and nobody answers my e-mails. I dealt with them last season and they were quick and professional. Do you have any idea where might be the problem? Thanks, I live in Canada know and I'm thinking what to do...

Ondrej

Hello, I ordered D3 elastomers from their online store 4 days ago, my card was normally charged but I still hasn't got even confirmation e-mail from them. I tried to call them, nobody picks up the phone, and nobody answers my e-mails. I dealt with them last season and they were quick and professional. Do you have any idea where might be the problem? Thanks, I live in Canada know and I'm thinking what to do...

Ondrej

wow, the canadians have no love for catek

four ****ing days, big deal.

:lurk:

anyway... catek is hard to contact... is it really appropriate to bash them here? good bindings imo, bombers are good too... why all the hate on them this season...?

:lurk:

because people don't get their **** the next day but expect it come the next day.

what kills me is I buy a lot of stuff online and it is not un common to see things not ship for a week.

I don't get why people in canada are so impatient with catek.

I mean shipping can take some time, I was just used to getting at least confirming e-mails with some info that they al least noticed, I got one from Catek last year in couple of hours and wanted to know if anyone experienced the same thing, thats why this post... How did you guys figure out that hate from my posts, I was just wondering, anyway, good night :)

Ondrej

wow, the canadians have no love for catek

four ****ing days, big deal.

Ondrej admittedly not even from Canada will now be representing all Canadians with concern for e-tailer customer service. :rolleyes:

I didn't get the impression that he was bashing Catek. Seems Ondrej is just looking for some feedback. I might be concerned if a company instantly charged my credit card, but then after 4 days had still not answered my e-mail. Hey, wait a minute...maybe it IS a Canadian thing! :)

Ondrej, if you do a seasech on 'Catek' here, you'll probably figure out the accusations :freak3:. Unfortunately they don't seem to have the Customer Relations that they once had :(.

Real shame, because they do have some great :biggthump products.

the reason I said canada was because it says you're at whistler by your name.

and there was another guy on here about a month ago crying because it took two weeks for him to receive his stuff in quebec.

I saw a pattern emerging

I am Canadian and just have to say that i am VERY happy we have such a binding manufacture as Catek around! I have owned several pairs of them and still do and love there stuff! Let's appreciate that we have some variety of equipment in the carving scene. And have to agree with mister Jim Callen that these guys are surely not getting rich making these bindings and need to have real jobs to boot. I would hate to see such a great company go by the wayside....just my 2 cents!

I can understand Catek not being able to be fast about delivery, or even answering the phone given the current economy and needing to keep food on the table and the mortgage up ... that is understandable, particularly given that this is a small industry and that the catek business may not be a life-sustaining income on its own.

That said: An automated email response from Catek's systems indicating that the order has been received and that all is well in the state of denmark, and perhaps indicating that "hey, we're a little busy over here so things may take some time" is not an unreasonable expectation. 99% of the vendors we all buy products from have such an automated email response for purchases ... most ecommerce systems pretty much come set up with an automated response out of the box, so its surprising that they're not sending one out.

It is worrisome that such alerts are not going out, because they are typically automated and occur as a consequence of the electronic purchase transaction, requiring no human intervention for them to occur. That indicates that either their systems are in a state of disrepair, or that they have turned off auto confirmation messages for some reason; and neither situation would bode well for Catek's health - speculative though that statement may be. That said, it seems to me that if Catek is understandably busy keeping food on the table with other concerns, and they can't get product out the door to customers, it would be wise of them to delay billing on new orders until they can actually attend to fulfilling them.

An automated email response would, at least in my book, be worse than none whatsoever, especially if the Catek boys & girls have other stuff to do to put food on the table at the moment. Knowing how easy it is to set up a payment system and not have anything else behind it, I'd personally much rather have a belated, but human-generated email.

All of which is a bit irrelevant, because I can't afford to order a pair of Cateks. But if I could, I wouldn't be whinging about 4 days :)

Simon

I can understand Catek not being able to be fast about delivery, or even answering the phone given the current economy and needing to keep food on the table and the mortgage up ... that is understandable, particularly given that this is a small industry and that the catek business may not be a life-sustaining income on its own.

That said: An automated email response from Catek's systems indicating that the order has been received and that all is well in the state of denmark, and perhaps indicating that "hey, we're a little busy over here so things may take some time" is not an unreasonable expectation. 99% of the vendors we all buy products from have such an automated email response for purchases ... most ecommerce systems pretty much come set up with an automated response out of the box, so its surprising that they're not sending one out.

It is worrisome that such alerts are not going out, because they are typically automated and occur as a consequence of the electronic purchase transaction, requiring no human intervention for them to occur. That indicates that either their systems are in a state of disrepair, or that they have turned off auto confirmation messages for some reason; and neither situation would bode well for Catek's health - speculative though that statement may be. That said, it seems to me that if Catek is understandably busy keeping food on the table with other concerns, and they can't get product out the door to customers, it would be wise of them to delay billing on new orders until they can actually attend to fulfilling them.

as someone who's used one of those cart systems there's a million settings with them but one of the confirmation setting is that they get sent a email when the stuff ships or when someone sits down to do data entry

It may be an over simplification, but I e mail Catek first to make sure they have what I want in stock. I've never waited more than two days for a response. If/when they have the stuff in stock, THEN I order without worries. Who cares if they don't respond, I know the next e mail is from USPS telling me they have received a package from Catek, and it's on its way to me.

Simple method to reduce stress and stay happy, at least for me.

Hi,

It's been 7 days since I paid and still can't get hold of them at all. With all respect to this company this is NOT a way to run an online store. I just wonder how can anybody afford this. If anybody I know did the same with their companies, someone would kick their ass. :nono:

Ondrej