Note to New Members ×

WTB 200cm Board Bag???

xolufus

...I've tried the board in everything I've got, including bags marked as 185 & 190 and technically it will fit in the one marked 185, but it just stretches the bag completely and it's really hard to actually get the bag to close. And - at that point, I'm not real comfortable handing it over to an airline.

Rad-Air built bags for the Tanker called the "Condom" in the year 2000.

They also built roller bags large enough for the Tankers. I believe RJ had a few at Exoticboards.com a while back.

I only see the 175cm bag now, might be worth checking with Ryan?

They are hard to come by for the wider boards.

For narrow boards, some of the high quality old ski bags work well.

I had one made to fit my 97 Burner. Should fit a 200. It's the real deal and I doubt I'll ever travel with the 97.

Dunno how much a new one is as I got this through the rep

Let me know and we can talk. I've used it twice.

Give me call or email and we'll figger it out if interested.

thx.

K

http://www.airwavesf.com/airwavesf/singlesnowbag.htm

These guys do it right. Last year, I bought a custom surfboard bag from them that is the BEST quality bag anywhere :AR15firin

Made in USA of USA materials.

--Hugh

Nice bags!!

The listed ones seem pretty reasonable too.

Customs?

Good lead Hugh!!

I was in REI recently and they had a couple nicely padded Ski bags, that were meant for 2 sets of skis. Can't remember the brand but they looked like they would fit a couple long boards, like race boards or maybe general carve boards. Probably wouldn't fit a Tanker, too wide.

I have been emailing with Mark at airwaves today and they are very responsive. Thanks for the tip Hugh. :biggthump

I would recommend going that route for a 200 tanker.

I have one of the REI big double ski bags and it can hold a long board (even with soft bindings) and one pair of skis and poles easily. You can go up to two pairs of skis and poles, but it is stretching a bit. It can also easily fit two longboard with bindings (at least alpine). The length is 190, so you should be able to force a 200 board in but I would not recommend doing that with this REI bags because they are not extra-strong.