Note to New Members ×

SG snowboards 09/10 pics

Hans

Any specs on these.

I have to admit I am not fully taken with the blunter nose designs yet.

Those black and white all mountain profiles look pretty sweet.

Are the next ones over BX boards?

I would also like to know if the specs changed for the next season.

BX - yes, the one with the ´team graphics´ (same as the raceboards) is the BX model. For next season there is a new length - 162. No other infos ... Some teamriders use BX boards with a ´hammer´ nose. Maybe there will be some changes as well ...

I noticed that all but one post was from the USA... So when will see these Euro Manufactures be readilly available in the US ....and by who?? I imagine it will be Virus pricing maybe thats why... I think Im spoiled...sorry...

But in an economy like this..who's spending the $1500 plus money.. I guess all you Euro guys are Plastic Surgeons or something... I know we ain't here!!

Thank god we got something here in north america that we can actually afford..

I love to try different stuff.. but at 1500 bucks.. who the heck can do that these days... I need a Virus Sigi stimulus package! now!

RSS all fun guys...:)

I noticed that all but one post was from the USA... So when will see these Euro Manufactures be readilly available in the US ....and by who?? I imagine it will be Virus pricing maybe thats why... I think Im spoiled...sorry...

But in an economy like this..who's spending the $1500 plus money.. I guess all you Euro guys are Plastic Surgeons or something... I know we ain't here!!

Thank god we got something here in north america that we can actually afford..

I love to try different stuff.. but at 1500 bucks.. who the heck can do that these days... I need a Virus Sigi stimulus package! now!

RSS all fun guys...:)

The prices are insane - we (in Europe) pay 1300$ for an SG Team Edition and that is like a ´production´ model. Virus is even more expensive - a standard model (Vampire Tech) is about 1700$. But the fun only starts when customising and using exotic materials like Zylon, etc. Now we go way over 2000$ ... not to mention the Virus Goddess Limited which is about 3800$ in Europe.

And it doesn´t stop at the boards - TD3 is 440$ and so on ...

Freestyleboards are sometimes less than half the price in the USA and because of the smaller market we don´t have the kind of sales you have in the US ...

And I don´t think that we earn much more than you do :mad:

The prices are insane - we (in Europe) pay 1300$ for an SG Team Edition and that is like a ´production´ model.

I think listing USD prices is a little bit misleading for this kind of product, where the consumer takes the FX risk. We in Europe would not pay USD 1300, but EUR 1000. I guess any European snowboard is going to be expensive from a US point of currently, due to to shipping/custom/FX. (FWIW this goes the other way round, too, e.g. Donek Axess would end up at EUR 680.)

The pro team is SGs top model, according to http://www.sgsnowboards.com/ it costs EUR 1000. The Full Race T is EUR 900, non-metal boards are cheaper (Race 650, Speed 500). I do not think that is *very* expensive for a niche product, produced in a first world country (Austria afaik). For comparison a Burton Custom X is listed at ~EUR 680.

I don´t think that giving the prices in US dollars is confusing - it just makes it easier to compare. I just converted the prices.

And if you think the difference is only explained by shipping, custom, etc. then why are the Austrian boards much cheaper in e.g. the Cech Republic?

And if you think that 1000€ is not much for a snowboard then the marketing must have been successful in making you think so.

But you are right that in comparison to a Custom X the price is understandable. But it is only the relation - both are too expensive!

[...]

And if you think that 1000€ is not much for a snowboard then the marketing must have been successful in making you think so.

But you are right that in comparison to a Custom X the price is understandable. But it is only the relation - both are too expensive!

I agree that EUR 1000 is expensive for a snowboard. But I think it is a "reasonable" price for the most expensive board offered by a specific manufacturer.

Its only reasonable be cause you have been beatin into submission.. its like raising gas from 2 bucks to 5 then going down to 3 and you say...hey that ain't so bad...!!!

$1000 bucks... wooooo.... ouch!!:freak3:

I guess I'll just have to save... See Im not stimulating the Economy!! I still waiting for that SIGI VIRI stimulus package!! :ices_ange:p

RSS

Hans, your the best!!!

The graphics are good, but not really spectacular :D

I guess the orange tail is the team edition and the white tail is the ´normal´ full race.

According to SG there are slight changes to the chamber and the flex of the race models ...

Not spectacular?! On the pics, right, but when you have the board in hand you can see a rhombic design on the fullrace, very great design.

post-3087-141842277835_thumb.jpg

@mc-alex - this point goes to you ;) Of course I haven´t seen the boards for real - only the pictures ... I just meant the mainly black topsheet ... Do you own one of these? Because production hasn´t started yet. Only samples are out ...

@Hans - I totally agree. Therefore I´m going to order for next year!

@pokkis - I do! Not on the slope, but before and afterwards :ices_ange ... And considering some of your beautiful boards, I guess you like a little bit of design yourself :D.

I must admit that after stated polishing titanal boards few years ago, i have realized that top surface is most stupid part of board, what ever it looks, it oes not make board to fly.

Even i've stated earlier that polishing it will help riding due then you can see your own mistakes :rolleyes: but nowadays i dont care if surface is baby poo or mirror surface, now i see that how board behaves is real thing . :D

That is why i go now with NSR with standard black top sheet :1luvu::1luvu:

EDIT: I remove this comment if i'm attacked again by emails by German board manufacture