Note to New Members ×

Dalbello Krypton vs. Deeluxe Indy

Trayer

Don't just expect companies to go where you do. If you want to ski and ride, try the UPZ boots with the removable DIN heels, our companies are going to die without support, so please use a snowboard boot, unless you are racing (nastar and usasa definately do not count) please stay on snowboard boots, because really, where would we be without companies like virus, deeluxe and head? Let's keep our companies from becoming another northwave

and love the extra stiffness that the ski sole provides.I just didn't like how ultra stiff the Cateks were with them; so I sold the Cateks and l'll get TD3 Standards at some point.But I definitely feel the sole flex difference between the snowboard 324 and the ski Freezone.For people that also ski with their families in the same day(not considered high performance for skiing),these are great.

I used them with BTS as they are nearly indentical to my 324s and an extremely similar fit.

I can see myself having a "quiver' of boots and bindings.

and love the extra stiffness that the ski sole provides.I just didn't like how ultra stiff the Cateks were with them; so I sold the Cateks and l'll get TD3 Standards at some point.But I definitely feel the sole flex difference between the snowboard 324 and the ski Freezone.For people that also ski with their families in the same day(not considered high performance for skiing),these are great.

I used them with BTS as they are nearly indentical to my 324s and an extremely similar fit.

I can see myself having a "quiver' of boots and bindings.

Still alive from DeeLux..

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17380&highlight=freezone

http://shop.alpinepunk.com/en/article/5/freezone_pro

But the hinge-points seems waaay to high, compare to Flexons and Dalbellos.

Thanks for the info guys.

The Raichle Freezone boots look like they're the latest 325's w/ a ski sole. Is that so?

What is it about the Dalbello Kryton that is attracting snowboard racers? Is it the design of the boot and the way it performs, or is that it's stiff but still flexes just enough in the right way? Does it have naything to do w/ the tongue design? I can see many ski race boots being too stiff.

A friend of mine (who's, I only found out until last year, been riding a carving board for 15 yrs) used to ride Technica's (not sure which one). Early last season he was riding and the toe of the boot broke - sole to sole right across the top of the toe box. He skidded out hard and injured his ankle quite bad.

Thanks for the info guys.

The Raichle Freezone boots look like they're the latest 325's w/ a ski sole. Is that so?

What is it about the Dalbello Kryton that is attracting snowboard racers? Is it the design of the boot and the way it performs, or is that it's stiff but still flexes just enough in the right way? Does it have naything to do w/ the tongue design? I can see many ski race boots being too stiff.

A friend of mine (who's, I only found out until last year, been riding a carving board for 15 yrs) used to ride Technica's (not sure which one). Early last season he was riding and the toe of the boot broke - sole to sole right across the top of the toe box. He skidded out hard and injured his ankle quite bad.

Ouch! Old Technica's are known to fall apart. Was it the grey ones, or newer?

I have heard of lots of Dabello failures this year,

most ski boots fail on me if I ride them hard, usually buckles bust but if I don't dremel or hot knife a few points skiboots don't last me long.

not used kryptons much but it sounds similar to issues I've had with various boots.

loads are put on the boots in a plate that the boot would never see in a DIN binding even cranked way up.

• 1 month later...

Lots of riders are coming off the kryptons next year, we have been getting lots of UPZ for athletes that used them last year....

Plus there was a higher then normal injury rate for riders in the krypton.