Note to New Members ×

kicked out

lowrider

Snowshoe couple "ordered off" walking from chalet to chalet across bottom of hill . Members refused permission to ski on short skis.Cut off skis with binding and brakes, ground and sanded no sharp edges.This place needs help "looking for marketing exec".Should i make it an issue or let it slide pretty soon they will be dictating what brand i have to ride. Help:argue: Kids were refused access to lifts after liftie saw their skis and called the manager he determined they weren't safe ?? they were shortened alpine skis with binding and brakes ,ends were ground and sanded with no sharp surfaces.The snowshoers were walking the same path pedestrians walk to access the other chalet.The kids are alpine boarders and ex ski racers they participated the day before in a railjam. Should one question these decisions by the managment of a member owned club whose membership has gone from 6000 to under 3000 ? personally its nice to ride when its empty but if they keep chasing people away it might not be around to enjoy ?

Snowshoe couple "ordered off" walking from chalet to chalet across bottom of hill . Members refused permission to ski on short skis.Cut off skis with binding and brakes, ground and sanded no sharp edges.This place needs help "looking for marketing exec".Should i make it an issue or let it slide pretty soon they will be dictating what brand i have to ride. Help:argue:

If you could have put less info in this, then I would have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

As it is, this seems to be about access to.......????

Or homeowner rights ?????

Or???

Are they marketing lack of access to snowshoers????

They had to walk without their snowshoes .Probably still walking around shaking their heads. Do you thing they would come back to buy a membership and support this place so I can keep carving ?My son can't wait to blow this pop stand and get out to the rockies where his brother and sister are.

You defeat the whole purpose of your original post when followup comments can so easily proven to be untrue.

This took me all of 30 seconds to find....

http://canadianembassy.org/government/guncontrol-en.asp

A registered firearm is just that....registered. Only a NRA nutcase make the leap from registering to widespread confiscation

In canada we have "royal commissions" they take longer cost more and do less because we don't have the right to carry guns.
You defeat the whole purpose of your original post when followup comments can so easily proven to be untrue.

This took me all of 30 seconds to find....

http://canadianembassy.org/government/guncontrol-en.asp

A registered firearm is just that....registered. Only a NRA nutcase make the leap from registering to widespread confiscation

From the link above:

" and since 1968 permits to carry them have been restricted to a few specific circumstances, for example, use in target practice or competition, protection in extreme cases where police protection isn't adequate, and in certain jobs, such as transporting large amounts of cash or other valuables."

Lowrider's quote fixed:

In canada we have "royal commissions" they take longer cost more and do less because we second class citizens don't have the right to carry guns.

To skatha and dingbat funny how that worked out i'm not the moderator . you fail to get my point. In Canada i don't have the rite to have a gun I have to ask the gov't permission pretty sad Eh!! wish i lived where you do . By:AR15firin:AR15firin birth rite i could be packing while walking on snowshoes or cutoff skis get the point now???

To skatha and dingbat funny how that worked out i'm not the moderator . you fail to get my point. In Canada i don't have the rite to have a gun I have to ask the gov't permission pretty sad Eh!! wish i lived where you do . By:AR15firin:AR15firin birth rite i could be packing while walking on snowshoes or cutoff skis get the point now???

Lowrider, I got your point and was reiterating how right you were. Though the grass is a little greener here, I still have to get permission from the powers that be to possess firearms and ammunition, and my right to carry is subject to the whims of my local issuing authority (usualy the chief of police for the town you reside in or in which you own a business, my town the responsibilty is assigned to one of the leutenants). When I say whim, they can deny or repeal my license to carry for anything they personaly feel makes me an unsuitable person, without having to answer to anyone for their reasoning. Could you imagine the outrage if other constitutional rights were only granted under those sort of conditions?