Note to New Members ×

SES 09: One Question?...

Dave Winters

• 2 weeks later...

Good news: all have OKed to post the vid.

Bad news: I cannot convert the DVD to a file for the internet cause I am challenged.

When I made the video at the SES I just had the software burn it direct to a DVD. So it is in that crazy DVD format that is multiple files and such. So does anyone have an idea how I can covert it to say Mpeg or AVI or ?

Bad news: I cannot convert the DVD to a file for the internet cause I am challenged.

When I made the video at the SES I just had the software burn it direct to a DVD. So it is in that crazy DVD format that is multiple files and such. So does anyone have an idea how I can covert it to say Mpeg or AVI or ?

Besides wanting to see what sounds like a very funny video. I have the same problem with a couple of folks who have given me dvds of riding.

I can't do anything with them. :mad:

And I can't wait to show the world what a fat, out of shape carver I am.

Thanks for broaching this important subject Fin.

There are tons of free converters on the webwww.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleImageAds

and one more: the king http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/super.cfm

Ok, so I downloaded handbrake. I am on 10,5 mac ppc not intel. Everything looks compatible, it gives me the disk image and looks like it is working, but no authorization to install an application pops up.

and it won't launch or do anything. ??????

Hans - thanks. that seems to be windows only.

Any macophiles have any idears?

Whoops. I was downloading the wrong version of handbrake. Thought I checked everything but apparently not.

So Now two hours later, it is still running trying to convert the same 13 min of video.

The indicator on the bottom shows 2.5 frames per second, which means 3 hours ??? to convert 13 minutes?

Maybe this is right.

Whoops. I was downloading the wrong version of handbrake. Thought I checked everything but apparently not.

So Now two hours later, it is still running trying to convert the same 13 min of video.

The indicator on the bottom shows 2.5 frames per second, which means 3 hours ??? to convert 13 minutes?

Maybe this is right.

Depends on how fast your PC is. Intels are very good for video-editing and rendering. Mac's, I don't know. And just do only the rendering on your pc, no other progs must work at the same time.

Depends on how fast your PC is. Intels are very good for video-editing and rendering. Mac's, I don't know. And just do only the rendering on your pc, no other progs must work at the same time.

Yeah it worked!!!!!! It took almost 4 hours with just one other program running. Turned off tunes, internet and everything. Great to get some vids online though. Just a couple of small glitches in the finished file that weren't on the original - like it missed a couple of frames or something.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Part 1:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tAlwUcOow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tAlwUcOow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part 2:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvfWYZHWo0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvfWYZHWo0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...

This is just way too funny! It made me realize again, just how much fun I had this year. Hopefully next year (if school permits) I'll be able to come back. Otherwise, I'll see everyone for sure SES 2011.

P.S. Say a prayer for me, I'm having surgery next Wednesday.

Love ya~

• 2 weeks later...