Note to New Members ×

SES 09 was the MOST FUN...

Steve Prokopiw

I have had at any gathering I've ever been to!

Here's a list of what I rode with detailed reviews to follow after I get back from our local hill which may never satisfy me now that I am spoiled rotten from a week at Aspen/Snowmass! These are not in a particular order of preference (yet :)

B Squared 175 (Bordy's shape made by Prior;Bordy done good!)

G Force Blade178(fastest board,or I was willing to go fastest on this one)

G Force Blade171(I took this one home! Incredibly versatile and snappy,suits my style well)

Prior Wcr 177 w/21 cm waist( versatile and refined ride,liked the width)

Alpine Punk Metal Burner(absolutely incredible ride!Way to go Matts!)

Virus 186 Asym (Asyms are alive and very well!)

Virus 180 Scalpel(ULTRA smooth,maybe too smooth...)

Virus 183 Berserker(Frank's personal board,I'm getting checked out for whiplash from the accelerations this thing made:)

Donek AX 177 Metal (I liked the shape,I might have been a little light weight to make this ride to it's potential)

Ithought I had tried ten boards but it might have been just these nine;for comparison I rode my Coiler 182AM,Proton185 and Nale 159(like a little pit bike to putt around on) I didn't get a chance to try Bruce's new boards but I will at OES.Can't wait!

Thanks so much to FIN and Michele,Alexis and the G Force crew,Frank and Ray(the Virus Mystique is for real!),Jorg and Remo(really enjoyed the time spent with you guys),Bordy n Dave(you guys really ARE cooler in person:),Sean and Donek crew,Mark Kress(not sure what your function was,but glad you were there:),Chris Pryor(I'm now a big fan),Bruce Varsava(always have been a big fan),Matts(your swallowtails rule!),Marko(awesome soulmate of a rider!Take your Aspen/Snowmass hardboot lessons from this guy!)Ben at Buttermilk(great guy and another hardbooter to take lessons from)Tom and Lisa and all the other cool people I met and hung out with!

and ,ESPECIALLY, my cool andf incredibly hospitable roomies;Steve Buck(the scoutmaster and ultra smooth rider)Dan (the denmother;you make oven mits look good!),Ray (one of the hottest,most creative riders at SeS) and Mark(you aint a rookie no more!) I sincerely hope I get to ride with all of you more in the future

You say that the G-force blade's where so good that you even bought one!

So it's not all metal then !!!!

Because i never did ride a metal board and i keep reading in hear "metal this-metal that" i thought that i was riding an ancient tec board (it's not a g-force it's an elan ballistic with a full carbon layer with simullar constuction specs i think)even though i love it i was having serious thoughts of buying a metal!

Me-I was just there to lend a helping hand behind the scenes and make shure everyone had a blast. Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves emensley, and with the flury of activity at the demo tent, I am positive that everyone found something to ride that they really enjoyed. It was nice to be blessed with great weather and sunny skies when the weatherman was warning us of different conditions. I hope everyone can make it back next year. Some new metal is going to be added to my old wood quiver, I have finally seen the light. Soon as I get some money back in the bank, Prior is going to be getting a call.

Think Snow

Here is the site http://www.gforcecarving.com/blade.html and it does'nt say anything about metal and from what i see it does'nt even have carbon (it could have some strips) and the 'S' has a carbon top sheet!

Maybe Alex could tell us more!

The board I came home with has a full carbon topsheet under a mat finish clearcoat.Rode it here at home today and it performed extremely well on the steeps we have here.

Any pics of this bad boy?

This board burned both my legs to a crisp within one run but I rode it for another two runs because it was such a badass ride.The toeside was no problem but my timing was off a bit on the transition to heel edge.Typical for asyms.This thing takes you for such a ride and has such a unique feel in edge transitions that it becomes addictive.By then ,however your quads are so long gone you will have to take a break. Fast like it had extra horsepower laminated into it.I would buy one if I was wealthy to go with my Stroltz boots(that is,if had the $ for those too)

This board would get the "the board you would buy to put in the rack on your Maclaren Mercedes,since nothing else would be badass enough award"

Me-I was just there to lend a helping hand behind the scenes and make shure everyone had a blast. Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves emensley, and with the flury of activity at the demo tent, I am positive that everyone found something to ride that they really enjoyed. It was nice to be blessed with great weather and sunny skies when the weatherman was warning us of different condition. I hope everyone can make it back next year. Some new metal is going to be added to my old wood quiver, I have finally seen the light. Soon as I get some money back in the bank, Prior is going to be getting a call.

Think Snow

I'm glad you stopped short of giving lap dances...

G-Force boards...

The Blades made by Sean (at least the ones he brought to SES2009 with the Samurai graphics) are metal. Alex also has Blade production in the Czech Repulic and those (black basic OR carbon fiber "S" models) have no metal... except for the edges... and inserts.

"Virus 186 GS ASYM!! I rode the suspension plated version of the board on Sunday and was pleased with the performance. It took a little bit to nail the positioning needed to ride an asymetrical stick but by today, I had figured it out. Super upright and almost back-seat on the heelside and forward with an outstretched torso on the toe. I took 12+ runs on this board and couldn’t release the edge when properly positioned."

:smashfrea

"Virus 186 GS ASYM!! I rode the suspension plated version of the board on Sunday and was pleased with the performance. It took a little bit to nail the positioning needed to ride an asymetrical stick but by today, I had figured it out. Super upright and almost back-seat on the heelside and forward with an outstretched torso on the toe. I took 12+ runs on this board and couldn’t release the edge when properly positioned."

Actually,I could see some use for a board like this in the same way I use rotor cranks on my bikes.They feel different for sure but stimulate a different response in the muscle groups used to power them,thereby stimulating growth and strength gains.The feeling in my legs was so dramatic as to make me think about dusting off one my old asyms just for the workout.

Virus asym in action!

Unbelievable. For last couple months I was playing with an idea to ask you to build asymmetric board for me in future and you did it first. They were fun to ride them and I am getting sick constant bashing of asymmetric boards from some too smart people here. Is this one time shot or there will be some more? Also 186 would be too long for crowded California slopes. I would just sit on the slope to wait for space. Is there something shorter? Now I am really sorry I missed this year SES but that is the life.

Unbelievable. For last couple months I was playing with an idea to ask you to build asymmetric board for me in future and you did it first. They were fun to ride them and I am getting sick constant bashing of asymmetric boards from some too smart people here. Is this one time shot or there will be some more? Also 186 would be too long for crowded California slopes. I would just sit on the slope to wait for space. Is there something shorter? Now I am really sorry I missed this year SES but that is the life.

A 162 I think.It was being tested with softboots when I saw it at the tent.Considering the 'frighteningly' cool feel of the 186 ,I can only imagine how much it would feel like a horse that needs to be broken at first.Once you tame it however...it could be very rewarding :)

I rode the Race asym with the plate and had it nailed in just a few runs. Frank followed me around watching the board work.

Every thing about the Asym shape and plate was new school with a asym shape. This board was on par with the SGs and Kesslers on the current world cup. Frank has done a great job with this shape, and flex i can't wait to see what the out come of the project is!

I also rode lots of rockered boards that were sick!

Hello Ladia, we have 167 cm , 161 cm, 186cm and also a 178cm will come!

They long types are availlable with Virus " full throttle" plate in a full race version.

Look forward for Olympics 2010 and you will see a few of them in front positions for sure!The times we got from different riders in race courses compared to their actually " leading " boards don´t lie! We have a bunch of top notch riders who are interested in them!

Hello Ladia, we have 167 cm , 161 cm, 186cm and also a 178cm will come!

They long types are availlable with Virus " full throttle" plate in a full race version.

Sounds interesting Frank. Like the new Asym. Is this full throttle plate integrated in the board or is this a seperate product to use on other (Virus) boards too?