Rally at the Thunder Dome '09

dingbat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark, 1st off I hope you recover from your injury. I couldn't believe you still came by in the morning to greet us. It was good to meet you.

Dave, Mark (2), Colin, Eric and the names of the other 2 on a Madd and Renntiger slip me. Great to meet you guys, this was a great little event and a great group

I must say all of us that have never been to the Beast were pleasantly surprised be your home mountain. Snow was great, trails were every well groomed and there was some good steep stuff. All in all we had a great day. Crowads are no-existent at the Beast:D At $35 a ticket, thanks a gain to Mark aka Dingbat this was a great value for some good carving. Mark please make sure you thank the mountain/owners for the deal they gave us.

We would be up to doing this event at least twice a year. The meeting location was about equal distance for thouse coming down from the north, from NH,Mass and CT. We had riders for all over the place.

Thanks again Dingbat. Hope you have a fast recovery.

Thanks for the concern guys.:) Maybe it's just wishfull thinking, but I don't think I'll be out that long.

Glad it was a good day.:biggthump I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see everyone there and geared up while I was hobbling around in my street clothes. I hope you got some vid and pics so I can see what I missed.

Was that Dan on the RT? He was going to try and make it for the morning.

This was my first time ever up to the BEAST.

First Impression: "its a hill".... came to mind.

but upon closer inspection, its a really nice place to play!

:1luvu:

Exhibition trail was sick! I'm defin' comming back up before the end of the season and puting the 190 through a proper rut-run where I can have enough room to stand it back up and link the turns rather than just ride its sidecut and point it down hill and aim for points of edge change. That "jump" in the middle of the trail though.... what is that all about? it scared the crap out of me in the flat light this morning as I turned right for it and in the last 30 feet before it realised it was there pulled a hard "ABORT!"

They really should mark it with some "turrain park" feature paint or some warning poles as it is smack in the middle of a green trail and there is no proper "landing zone" for such a steep feature to be just hanging out. Someones going to get broke hard off it.

Was really great to put screennames to faces and interact and see everyones different ride styles and techniques and to hear the impressed locals thanking us for "Being proper snowboarders and doing it right" on the slopes!

I was worried I would be the only one falling down all day..... Good to see we all take our dives and edge-drops with grace and style alike :lurk: Good fun and entertainment for all.

The fresh pow-pow was a nice treat, but my sore tired ass had to hang up the carver and put on the soft stuff to play on the lumpy trails in the afternoon. Collin and I stayed till 3:30 and rode the other trails. Definately some fun stuff that is not "carve condusive", but we can say that we saw more than 5 trails worth of the mountian (zing) hahah.

Early AM group pic, and the later in the day group pic....... Cept you cant see any us..... It was snowing THAT HARD !

post-2724-141842275573_thumb.jpg

post-2724-141842275576_thumb.jpg

Sorry to all that I could not make it Sunday... I had a flight to catch and it was too risky from all the weather reports.. My Cleveland Flight even though it was getting hit... was on time.. so Im glad I left ..I actually made it with about 15minutes to spare... and about 140 lbs of gear... nice being an Elite Continental Taveler..it has its perks..

Im sorry I couldn't be with you all.. great bunch... except for that Jeffry guy.. he's mean!!

RSS:ices_ange

that's her secret weapon! i' ve seen her on it twice this year, she might tell you but i wont give up the info!!:nono: I had a great time yesterday riding with new people, We all had alot of fun. The snow stayed very carvable till about 1 oclock. Though the drive west over the mountain pass was less than desirable! colin, thanks for the new board for me to add to my quiver, I'll have to get used to that thing! hope to ride with everyone again, and to the one guy who's name I forget who wears a red jacket, no hard feelings about the near miss, It happens.

Buggs - That would be my original Madd 170. I've been riding this much more this season. I need to get some "nose work" on the Coiler, as its too soft. Sorry you couldn't make it back for sunday!

Mark, thanks so much for putting this weekend together, and getting some great ticket deals. I'm so sorry about your accident on Sat. night, and wish you a speedy recovery. We had a great time riding the Beast and were pleasantly suprised by some good terrain. It was also great to meet some new people - Dave, The Marks & Colin. I know there were 2 others there, but I didn't get there names. Dave, I hope you make it up to Stratton next Wednesday.

One of the best parts about yesterday....NO CROWDS!!!!!! Thanks again. And look forward to the next one.

Im sorry I couldn't be with you all.. great bunch... except for that Jeffry guy.. he's mean!!

RSS:ices_ange

Dude...where's the love Man! Mean? NO! Mad? Maybe...look at me...I'm the shortest one of the bunch! Wouldn't you be mad ;)

In all seriousness, fun was had by all! Love no crowds! Many compiments by many skiers was very cool!

Mark, thanks for putting this together! Good terrain with good grooming at a great price riding with great people!

Look foward to it next time/year!

Yesterday was a great day. And a big thanks out to Mark for rallying all of us to come to the Beast. Sorry about your unfortunate injury hope you are back on snow soon. Please extend our thanks to the owners of BE for the discount tickets and having a great little mountain.

The Beast put on an excellent carving day. Really good grooming, Some great carving trail, no crowds and some very nice people. It was refreshing to get so many positive and educated comments from; Ski patrol, instructors, race coaches and the general public. We showed them what snowboarding is about.

It was nice to meet and ride with some really nice people and I hope to see you all around somewhere to ride again.

Great day, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to everyone who came out to the Rally. I have passed your coments on to the owner and staff and they were pleased to hear everyone enjoyed the day(s). You all left a very positive impression on the folks at the hill as evedenced by all the great remarks and antecdotes I have been hearing since I've gotten back on the snow. Thanks again, I'm glad you all made it, and hopefully we can do it again next year!

-Mark

• 2 weeks later...