Rally at the Thunder Dome '09

dingbat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uh... just a THOUGHT..... anyone have a GOOD camera? or is there someone who would be around who is not riding who can take some action shots or videos for us all> >?

While I do have an associates in Photography and graphics, saddly all my good equipment is SLR film stuff... not Digital and a tad outdated.

Is there a "Mountian Photo" type of person who works at BE and would be able to be hired by us for a few hours to be said person?

Just an idea tossed out there :):biggthump

Is there a "Mountian Photo" type of person who works at BE.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah, you sign up for photos at the desk just inside the door by where the high speed six lets off at the second summit lodge.;)

We are very much on our own for photos.

Bobby, got your number. I'll call you today.

There is snow, that's the important part :) They had good accumulation on Wednesday night, with a little more last night, and a little more still tonight. It was on the heavy side for powder, and it hardened into Cascade concrete-like chunks at night. Given a thorough grooming though, it should be quite good for carving. Ohe yeah, and there's more coming still for Saturday night--though daytime temps will probably be above freezing.

Jiminy was completely crap in the morning. cold windy brutal ice pelting me in the face from people in front of me.... and that was on the bunny hill !

Ended up by 12:30 to be a really really NICE day ! bluebird and all!

Id assume you guys were totaly Lovin' it also !

Made phat tips with lessons today, so Im definately in with Colin for first chair Sunday.

Im bringing my ONEPIECE too :D

Will have the Airwalk 167 carver and my K2 Nemissis soft boot set up. Conditions will be hella nice tomorrow!

I just wanted to say many thanks to Bobby Bugs, Shred, dingbat and ace for all their help today. I had a great time, and learned a TON from some good riders and great guys. I can't wait to apply this to my local hill.

Thanks!

Hope to see you guys again!

Kevin.

Snow is supposed to kick in heavy about 10:00 am. Till then, it should be lovely groom. Once the snow starts, who knows. I'd throw something in the car to use when the bottom dissapears and it bumps up.

A little bad news, mostly for me. Late this evening, I got T-boned by a skier in the middle of a heelside turn. Sled ride, ambulance ride, e-room. Long story short, I'm gonna be fine, but may be off the snow for a bit. I hope to be up first thing tomorrow regardles. If i have a mirraculous recovery, I'll take a few runs.

Today was absolutely phenomenal. Perfect weather, perfect snow for carving, a bunch of great folks out, and some amazing boards to try out. Awesome day!!!

dingbat, :angryfire that Stinks! You have put so much into this making this happen, and even get a break from Ma' Nature.

Here's hoping you feel good enough to enjoy the day (gee :confused: didn't they give you any "good stuff", double up man ;) you won't feel a thing) until later !