Note to New Members ×

21.5 wide riders

Bobby Buggs

Mr. Evil, I'll check my Donek Oppenheim FC 179cm x 21cm x 11.2m and my Rad-Air Tanker Over Size 187cm x 25.8cm x 9m . But a lot my depend your boot size. I riding 31.5s, so my numbers may be way different than yours.

Thanks Ben, yeah I dont have Monster Feet:D

Im going to run at 57x52 to start

I ride on a Prior ATV 171 with 55f/50r on my MP24. It's waist is 23.5cm I think.

Wow, i have MP 28.5 feet and i ran those angles (55/52) on my 161 ATV. and yes, it is a 23.5 cm waist.

When i had a 4wd - 21.5 waist, i was running 60/57. that board was awesome. too bad i was an idiot and stuffed the nose into a mogul and broke it in half.

Blessed with carving feet.. How far are your toes and heels from the edges?

I just checked it out and it's about 2cm from the edges. I can go down to 30* angles but I've been incrementing my angles gradually so I can eventually ride skinnier boards like the Madd.

I don't understand the question...every single board I've ever had I set my boots right at hee;/toe ie to the edes. narrow board higher angles, wide board lower angles, but toes and heels at the edges, or slightly under.

Is the intent here to keep the same angles from board to board? That seems counterintuitive to me.

oh, and just so Im actually answering...my 23cm prior has me at 47/50 with a mondo 27

Basically what D-Sub said. My board is 21cm wide, and I just put toes and heels on the edges with no overhang looking down from above. These are the lowest angles I've ridden since my last 21cm board (13 years ago :eek:), and I'm loving it. Feels like a snowboard again! I like the extra ankle leverage while carving - it's more stable and balanced. And while not carving it's a lot more natural and fun. There's a reason racers went to wider boards.

Basically what D-Sub said. My board is 21cm wide, and I just put toes and heels on the edges with no overhang looking down from above. These are the lowest angles I've ridden since my last 21cm board, and I'm loving it. Feels like a snowboard again! I like the extra ankle leverage while carving - it's more stable and balanced. And while not carving it's a lot more natural and fun. There's a reason racers went to wider boards.

My prior is 19.5...Id like to try a 20 or 21cm waisted carver. The all mountain I have is 23.5 and I can still edge to edge it pretty fast. I like that board.

Just seems logical to set the angles toes on the toe edge and heels on the heel edge.

I know Sutherland rides the same angles no matter which board and I always thought it was weird, but you sure can't question his skills.

45 f, 40 r with mondo 27.5 Raichles on my 21.5 waisted AM. There's no issue with drag,

BS flag thrown! ;)

I have 28.0 boots and a 21cm board. I have to be at ~58 to eliminate overhang when viewed from above. Are you saying you have overhang but it doesn't cause an issue? Cuz I can't imagine you don't have overhang.

I can set the boots in the bindings and roll the whole setup over 90 degrees on carpet, no problem. I don't recall if you can see overhang from above, looking at that picture maybe you do but by the time you get the binding risers and the shape of the toe and heel working together it works fine from a practical standpoint. Maybe there might be some issue on soft snow doing EC stuff, I don't know. No grief for the sort of riding I do.

That pictures from when I got together with Gtanner and Fleaman at Sunshine, we all were rocking the AMs that weekend. They run steeper angles than me, IIRC Gord said he just kept the same angles from his narrower boards.