Note to New Members ×

I've been advised to evacuate my home

Keenan

This weather is freaking bizarre:eek: 1st day back at work in almost 3 weeks, and we had to roll up at 11am because the small bridge over scatter creek(thurston co.) was in danger of being washed away. Another hour and it would have been to deep to cross. Rivers aren't expected to crest until early morning, this could get brutal.I hear Orting is getting the worst of it, stay safe!

OHHHH sure.. a little ice and you guys on the west side stay home!

That's the norm over here. Little kids losing fingers under edges, 'teeners straightlining down green runs,..on their asses, boards held high in the air.. geriatrics like myself strapping on knee and elbow pads..and an extra Depends..mumbling about what bevel's best for the given hardness of the ice..

Shoot, we fREAKIN' LIVE for an ice day!!

OHHHH sure.. a little ice and you guys on the west side stay home!

That's the norm over here. Little kids losing fingers under edges, 'teeners straightlining down green runs,..on their asses, boards held high in the air.. geriatrics like myself strapping on knee and elbow pads..and an extra Depends..mumbling about what bevel's best for the given hardness of the ice..

Shoot, we fREAKIN' LIVE for an ice day!!

Geriatrics like you"??? .. Ummm My daughter is older than 85% of the forum members here. You are just a youngster young man!

So all of the massive snowfall in the last 12 days is now floating past my house, along with some 50-70 foot trees. In retrospect, this was probably the wrong day to drop my car off at a shop in downtown Orting.

Hope everything comes out ok. For you and all the other folks around.

I live on a hill, and my sump pump is workin' overtime the last few days. Sometimes every 4 minutes it kicks on...roads in Bellingham are flooded that I've never seen flooded in 11 years. Iowa St. this morning, one of our customers sent a pic of a guy at the freeway offramp northbound where it hits street level...on a jetski. Keenan, hope you and your house make it o.k., I am looking pretty good for the 9th right now.

Its on the calendar, need the wife to swap her work day so we will see how it goes.

Jerry, you guys getting any of this snow?

Hey Art,

We went from from no snow until Dec 20th or so, to four to five feet that next week, snowed a little less the next week but still great.

The last two or three days the Pineapple effect has been in play with warm in the valley but the snow up top is holding nicely.

We typically get San Fran storms and all of this is going north of us.

Heard a friend in Spokane had four? feet on the flat. With warming they will need to watch out too.

The pics of Hyak are wild. Looks like water perced right through the snow and it took off.

You guys be careful up there.

PDF Slide Presentation of the storm events

River Forecast Map. w/ Hydrology links.

We believed yesterday that my parents/ family would lose their/ our cabin on the Cowlitz River Just a mile below the barrier dam of the Cowlitz River.

At 40kcfs we would likely have lost the home. It has been in our family more than 35 years.

So all of the massive snowfall in the last 12 days is now floating past my house, along with some 50-70 foot trees. In retrospect, this was probably the wrong day to drop my car off at a shop in downtown Orting.

What a mess it has made of your town. My sympathy!