Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

• 2 weeks later...

Got out Sunday on the Donek, had to take it a little easier than normal since its one of my softest sticks, but not too easy. Started on spillway as per normal, and went to reload. And into drifter. I needed to do that, first turn was a little slarvey, but nailed the rest. Stopped at my unplanned exit point, I still don't know how I came out of that with as little damage as I did. After a few here and there, went over to Richards, where I bounced my butt on a healside. Instant pain, day over. At this point I am game day as to whether I come up or not, unless my monster magically shows up, than all bets are off.

Maybe I will see you bone heads next Sunday, maybe not

mario

Warning!: Non-carving content follows.

A reduced crew showed up Sunday AM at the breakfast table: Arne, Don, Pete, Gregory & myself. The only carver present was Arne. Pete & Don were on skis, Gregory & myself were on softies. We later saw Juwan carving under #6.

We did a couple on #2, a couple on #6, about 4x on #9 & then headed to #8. The conditions were like mid-winter. It snowed hard on & off all day. The wind blew the new snow into the old tracks & we were getting good fresh wind-pack most of the day.

Saw a young couple on #8 with their 2 kids. They were all on snowboards. The boy was 6 & the girl was 4. They were doing great.

We rode until about 1:45 & I was beat. I think we got in about 22,000 vertical.

AND, I got my new bumper sticker: "Loveland - Cold, Windy, You wouldn't like it". Don't recall where I got it.

It wasn't "all that". Actually it was real hard, even icy in places. Variable to say the least. None of us could get our groove on. It must have got better later though. 10" reported this morning but 9" of it came down during the day. Hard tellin' what the groomers can do with it...

Don

There is some good mountain biking to be had up in the roaring fork valley. One of my favorite trails is bone dry and riding oh so nice. Anyone down to come up and spin some wheels?

Sounds enticing, but P and I are going out of town shortly for her big B-day and we are running out of time for stuff we need to get done before we leave. I would like to take you up on that a little later however, Ang an P could road bike, and you and I could hit the trails, as long as you don't mind waiting up for an old fat guy like myself

mario

Arne & I went up yesterday.

The best carving day I had all year - maybe ever.

Blue skies, cool but not cold. Light breeze. Hard melt/freeze underneath 10" of new twice groomed (Mon & Tue). I have never experienced such hero conditions. Pool table smooth. Sinking in about 2" - 3" in the apex of the turns. So smooth that there was near silence listening behind me. We rode #2 for about 10 runs, then about 4 runs on #8 then a few on #6 & finished up on #2.

I may or may not make it up again this season. If not, it was a great season.

I MAY be heading up to make some turns tomorrow and quaff a couple of sparkling beverages in the pub in between.

First time this season. (Been a rough year financially) But, it IS my birthday (59)...the wife and kids will just have to understand, eh?

Trying to score a cheap, Craigslist ticket.....Anyone else making it up?

-Charles

Edited by SnowSpeedster

I MAY be heading up to make some turns tomorrow and quaff a couple of sparkling beverages in the pub in between.

First time this season. (Been a rough year financially) But, it IS my birthday (59)...the wife and kids will just have to understand, eh?

Trying to score a cheap, Craigslist ticket.....Anyone else making it up?

-Charles

(insert crickets sound bite here...) :(