Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Was up on Sunday. It was cccold. -5 to start and -3 when we quit at 11:30. -24 windchill at the bottom at 11:30. Don't know how cold it was above timberline. Snow was sticky & slow. Visibility was marginal.

How long did you carvers stick it out? I think it was one of the coldest days for me in memory. I've started out with colder temps but rarely had it stay cold for the whole day.

We were a bunch of sissies yesterday. We where in the Rock House after our 2nd run trying to clear ice off of goggles, restore circulation to extremities... we ended up in the Rat by 10:30. not a very pleasurable day, but a day nevertheless. Nice having a season pass

mario

We were a bunch of sissies yesterday. We where in the Rock House after our 2nd run trying to clear ice off of goggles, restore circulation to extremities... we ended up in the Rat by 10:30. not a very pleasurable day, but a day nevertheless. Nice having a season pass

mario

I checked the weather conditions at 2AM, then proceeded to turn off Shelly's alarm.

We are planning to head up on Thursday for some mid-week fun...

Good thing someone else used the word "sissie" (so I didn't have to).

I think we did 3 rides on Lift #2, then over to #4 (lots of bare spots over there) and then maybe 2 hours over on #8 (maybe 8 or 10 runs). It wasn't bad below timberline but when the lift breaks above the trees - brrrrrr. The snow was best on the west side of #8. Not great but worth it.

So, I was the sissie this weekend. Three different forecasts called for high winds and snow.

A co-worker went to Keystone on Sunday. He said that the snow was great but he left a 12:45 and it took him 5 hours to get home.

Who were the real men this weekend? How were the conditions? How long did you stick it out?

Well, what can one say? If you weren’t there Sunday, you missed out! Besides, “Yep” probably best describes a classic Lovey day! Cold (single digits), snowing, windy, limited visibility due to the last two, and there was about 4” of fresh snow on top of the underlying groom, which made for some great (albeit slower), unlimited-hold runs! Bravery was not needed, however layered clothing and skin coverage was the smart route! The “Real Men” list included, The Dude, Ice, Odd Job, Big Mario, Ink, Karver Kai and myself. We bombed Mombo and Richards, until our legs gave out, mixing in only one pass on Roulette, due to the northwesterly breeze. After the others gave up, the Dude and myself (the older, Real Men… or is that the Real Older Men?) continued to enjoy a couple of non-stop, top to bottom runs, before retiring to the Rat with the rest of the misfits. We determined no one had frostbite, enjoyed a brew and left a little before 1:00pm, with very little traffic to speak of and were even greeted by sunshine, as we approached Denver. So there you have it… a perfect day at Lovey! Good friends, tolerable conditions and another great day of carving! “YEP!”, says it all!!!

Well, what can one say? If you weren�t there Sunday, you missed out! Besides, �Yep� probably best describes a classic Lovey day! Cold (single digits), snowing, windy, limited visibility due to the last two, and there was about 4� of fresh snow on top of the underlying groom, which made for some great (albeit slower), unlimited-hold runs! Bravery was not needed, however layered clothing and skin coverage was the smart route! The �Real Men� list included, The Dude, Ice, Odd Job, Big Mario, Ink, Karver Kai and myself. We bombed Mombo and Richards, until our legs gave out, mixing in only one pass on Roulette, due to the northwesterly breeze. After the others gave up, the Dude and myself (the older, Real Men� or is that the Real Older Men?) continued to enjoy a couple of non-stop, top to bottom runs, before retiring to the Rat with the rest of the misfits. We determined no one had frostbite, enjoyed a brew and left a little before 1:00pm, with very little traffic to speak of and were even greeted by sunshine, as we approached Denver. So there you have it� a perfect day at Lovey! Good friends, tolerable conditions and another great day of carving! �YEP!�, says it all!!!

yep:biggthump

ps.

now there is a Panini bar in the new part of the rat:D

Edited by big mario

eff disappointed, I'm scared. Hell must have frozen over and I didn't even notice!!! :eek:

Just being succinct. Arne asked two questions, and I gave an all encompassing answer. I promise to be more loquacious in the future, if it will restore order to the universe.

Relax, have a cream soda:

Not safe for work or small children

mario

Edited by big mario