Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Soft slow goomers today. on the hill in now paticular order, Ink, Karver Kai( rockin the 136!!! in true colorado big board fashion) Paul,Cody, James, MR.Positive, Tinkerbell(aka Juhwan,aka noirx252)and myself. good fun was had by all, James got A"Holy sh!t is that James! (in a good way) from me on Richards, keep droppin that hip, it suits you well. Tinkerbell, remember your homework for next week. Paul and Cody, glad you came in for recovery drinks and geekspeak, it was good to meet you!

mario

Ps almost forgot Matt j

my apoligies

Edited by big mario
forgot some important stuff

Thanks for an awesome day! Cody and I had a blast this weekend at LL riding with you guys(and girl and boy).

The LCI crew really is the epitome of a community....we were both blown away by the hospitality of everyone we met both days.

We'll be back next weekend (both days) to finish our trip.

Recovery drinks Sunday are on me!

//Paul

See you guys on Saturday/Sunday! :)

Thanks for an awesome day! Cody and I had a blast this weekend at LL riding with you guys(and girl and boy).

The LCI crew really is the epitome of a community....we were both blown away by the hospitality of everyone we met both days.

We'll be back next weekend (both days) to finish our trip.

Recovery drinks Sunday are on me!

//Paul

I was just tuning my boards, and double checked my bindings, turns on when I switched to Phiokka's for riding this past sunday, I was heelside biased heavily, on both bindings... O_o

make sure every thing is tight be fore you get to the hill!!!:p;)

In the electrical industry we must be aware of nature of different harmonics. One of the most destructive is the "5th Harmonic" . Lots of good "Handles" associated with your recent topic :) Keep up the good reporting. I wish every area had daily "ALPINE CARVER REPORT" .

post-198-141842383392_thumb.jpg

The 5th harmonic causes a CEMF (counter electromotive force) in large motors which acts in the opposite direction of rotation. The CEMF is not large enough to counteract the rotation, however it does play a small role in the resulting rotating speed of the motor.

The electrical field is filled with cool vocabulary *forgive the pun*

Some of my favorites:

synchronous motors

sinusoidal waveform

Waveform distortion

nonlinear loads

significant impedance

torque pulsations

systems hysteresis

thermodynamic

ferromagnetic

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Based on riding this week I would say hard boot for sure.....It should be the best day this week as they have tonight to groom it in with no more snow overnight. Cody and I are doing Vail tomorrow as it's the last valid day for my pass and it's the only resort we have not hit. We will be at Loveland Sat and Sunday. Cody is riding a demo hardboot setup for the rest of the trip:D.

//Paul

Based on riding this week I would say hard boot for sure.....It should be the best day this week as they have tonight to groom it in with no more snow overnight. Cody and I are doing Vail tomorrow as it's the last valid day for my pass and it's the only resort we have not hit. We will be at Loveland Sat and Sunday. Cody is riding a demo hardboot setup for the rest of the trip:D.

//Paul

WOOHOOO!!!!!!! :D :D :D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D: *spam*

KK and I will be on the snow tomorrow and Sunday. Softcarver may make an appearance as well.

Ink

hardboots still? I only brought my hardboot setup today... I think that was a mistake, I managed to ride pretty well (only fell twice over 3-4 hours of riding), but I couldnt' see my board at times.... that freaked me out to no end...

Out of curiosity, and my desire to go "undersnow" (underwater), I tried EC'ing, I was met with repeated shots of powder clumps into my torso.... haha, enough to almost "torso out" (boot out) of my carves... lol.

I'll be bringing both setups tomorrow. (lesson learned)

KK and I will be on the snow tomorrow and Sunday. Softcarver may make an appearance as well.

Ink

Had a great morning with Ink and KK again! Sweet groom but soft in spots, had to be careful of stuffing the nose. Cody was on hardboots and is improving every run. Got some vid of KK (will try and post tonight) and watched him leave a trench coming into the mid-load on Chair 2 that caught and dropped a skier 15 seconds after he left it.....EPIC!!!

Looking forward to finishing up our CO trip at LL with the gang tomorrow....Cody liked the hardboots so much that we are going to backtrack to Frisco tomorrow after LL to return the demo gear...he wants to rock the hardboots one more day!

See ya tomorrow!

//Paul