Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Was up yesterday. Snow was super nice among bluebird skies. Interesting vibe. Rode up the lift with a guy who felt the need to share he was a pro-snowboarder. Had no clue who he was? Maybe this is technically where one is supposed to expose some part of the body for a signature? Then again I make for a lousy groupie. :freak3: :D

happy turns.:)

peace....llr

Sorry to bail early guys, Lovey ate me up and spit me out, and my right tricep suffered from the carnage (Thought it was also my lat but after some icing it appears to only be the tricep). I couldn't even close my right bail with my right hand, thought the best thing was to bug out. Hopefully its just a pull and not a tear, R.I.C.E. is in full effect.

Any way it was great taking a few runs with you guys and hopefully ill be ok for SES on Saturday. Beautiful day, hope everyone had a good one.

Sorry to bail early guys, Lovey ate me up and spit me out, and my right lat suffered from the carnage. I couldn't even close my right bail with my right hand, thought the best thing was to bug out. Hopefully its just a pull and not a tear, R.I.C.E. is in full effect.

Any way it was great taking a few runs with you guys and hopefully ill be ok for SES on Saturday. Beautiful day, hope everyone had a good one.

Dan,

Sorry to hear that, you were looking pretty good up until that spill, rest up and I will see you next sat at the milk

mario

ps did hit one of my trenches on fire cut?

Dan,

Sorry to hear that, you were looking pretty good up until that spill, rest up and I will see you next sat at the milk

mario

ps did hit one of my trenches on fire cut?

LOL, not your trench, but John and I were talking about some of the pretty deep trenches that had been laid down on that run. What happened was I went heelside and came out of the transition with my weight a little too far back on the board. As I started the change to toeside I had too much speed, couldn't get my weight to the nose or the middle of the board, so I wasnt ready, tried to compensate (i.e. tightened up and raised my center of gravity instead of relaxed into it and lowered my center) which led to me catching the edge on that transition. Threw me downhill sliding on my right tricep and lat, ouch! In hindsight, I hadn't warmed up enough on the easier stuff and gotten used to the conditions and tackled that run too early....live and learn.

See ya at the milk!

Thought I had gotten another.... Way to throw down Dan! We where thinking the same thing about a warmup

Sunshine bluebird with awesome groom, they mowed scrub like a superhighway :1luvu: :1luvu: :biggthump :biggthump

Day kinda went like this:

Spillway/mambo/reload/firebowl/firecut

reload/firebowl/firecut

reload/firebow/firecut

reload/firebowl/drifter/6

roulette

roulette

dueces wild/drifter/4

scrub

scrub

scrub

scrub/vomit/1

spillway/lower richards

spillway/lower richards

upper richards/mambo/collapse/done :sleep: :D :1luvu::smashfrea

fried legs

mario

one of my better days

one of those mario trenches almost took me down at Lovey last year. I am staying away from those trenches like the plague. It must have been a foot deep at least!

:lol: :lol: How is that shoulder by the way?

Aarron, are you going to make it out this year?

mario

The shoulder is fine Mario but I still have the bad habit of draggin hands though. I need something to get rid of that bad technique. Go here to see bad technique photos

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32521&page=2

I think I am on page 2 or look for the goofy guy in the green jacket.

I sure hope to make it out there this year. I sincerely enjoy riding with the LCI. I was talking with my sister and she asked me the same thing. I will try my best to get there this year, maybe for the BBQ??

What was the name of that run that we hit the first thing that morning last year? It was a steeper run with the chairlift running upeither the left side or right side. I just remember that run was shattered, trashed and whatever else you want to call it after two runs of carvers riding it. Deep trenches were everywhere.

Enjoy your time at SES, say hello to everyone of the LCI for me,

Great to get back on it for the 1st time this year. I thought I'd be REALLY rusty after being off it for at least 10 months but it seemed to come back pretty quickly.

Ink - thanks for the mini-instruction. It really helped. Being able to concentrate on just one technique modification at one time really works for me. I could really feel the board come around on the toe side.

I rode most of the rest of the day along 6 (Roulette?). I had my bike GPS in my pocket and downloaded it when I got home. It showed about 29 miles (including lift rides) and about 11,000 vertical for the day. My max speed hit almost 40 a couple of times. I quit at 1:00 and got in the car. Traffic was backed up on I-70 due to a stalled car along the inside near Bakerville. Even though the roads were dry it took an extra 30 minutes to get home.

Hope to see some of you at SES.

- John

John, Glad to help out. Remember to try to increase the frequency of the thin slice each run/section of run.

Dan, You are riding better than the last time I saw you...well, except for the wipeout. Doh!

Mario, ROTD, just plain killin' it!

Greenleaf, Slayin' it as well.

Dang, that was a fun day with some really good riding going on. EDIGD

Ink

Oh yeah, diggin' on the new footwear. Thanks Bola!

• 2 weeks later...

from SES, one of Seans prototypes, 184 14/20m gs metal with thermo plastic urethane dampening, beefed up for a plate, or for those of us with a more manly physique than your average hardboot rider. Succinct reveiw: me likey :eplus2:

mario

Went to a gymnastics meet today - this little dude was killin' it! He took home four medals and third overall for his age/ability.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dr2UfJogxmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he told me last night that he was going to be standing on the podium today

New mistress is a demanding one, my front leg was cramping up on the way down the hill after 3.5 hours of bliss and punishment, cannot wait to do it again. D, you were killin it on that snakeskinned beast, though I have to say Derek looked pretty damned good on your monster, especially going the "wrong way". Shelly, way to take the gauntlet the little man threw down and run with it, scrub is always an adventure and I was impressed to see you rippin on it. James, put that three on front and get ready to enter a whole new world of riding, today was the best I have seen you ride, good job! Lance and Marie, nice to meet you, congrats on you nuptiuals tomorrow, and good job on that riding. Kai, you rock little man, and you up your game every week, way to go!

mario