Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Hi guys and Thanks for all of the help (big mario, "ps I learned to ski at vernon valley/great gorge"), I can relate to that !

I've been lurking trying to stay calm (and keep quiet) but feel I may need a 'Plan B'. I'm just about ready to 'Hit the PANIC BUTTON' :eek:

Really looking forward to riding with the LCI's but conditions seem sparce. What is the scoop on Wolf Creek ? Descent Carving area?

I just want to ride without tearing up a board :freak3:. -- jp1

Really looking forward to riding with the LCI's but conditions seem sparce.

JP,

Panic sloooooowwwwwwwlyyyyy my friend.....

I rode my brandy new virus today for 3.5 hrs, barely even removed the wax from my lame scrape job, some snow for later on this week, and they are blowing big piles to get a few more runs open.

all will be well

mario

Went on its maiden voyage today, and despite some trepidation over coverage, consistancy and crowds, it was a rockin' good day Lula. On the hill today: The Dude, The Sheriff, and Ice till 10:30 until a biff, obligations and general lameness forced some early chute pullin'. Ink and I made it until noon until the the tree trunks gave out.

The new and improved and properly sized vamp was a dream to ride, I don't know how I am going to make it until next weekend.

Noticed that the Sheriff was wearing a gayda, and a belligayva, though he left the puffa at home. I am worried about his circulation, what is he going to do when it gets cold?

mario

german metal is nice

Hi guys and Thanks for all of the help (big mario, "ps I learned to ski at vernon valley/great gorge"), I can relate to that !

I've been lurking trying to stay calm (and keep quiet) but feel I may need a 'Plan B'. I'm just about ready to 'Hit the PANIC BUTTON' :eek:

Really looking forward to riding with the LCI's but conditions seem sparce. What is the scoop on Wolf Creek ? Descent Carving area?

I just want to ride without tearing up a board :freak3:. -- jp1

jp1,

Like Big Mario said, you really don't have to worry, the carving is nice right now. If you are wanting to ride all mtn then don't bother but for carving the main runs we have a good base. Yesterday was a fun one. Mario on new Virus, Ice on new Pretty Good, Pete on Coiler, Mono on Vokl Skwal and me on SG. We wouldn't be playing on these if we thought we might hit something.

Ink

Yep, Fun day yesterday. The snow was good, the sun was shinin' and the edges were diggin' in hard. The Vampire is b-e-a-utiful as is the Pretty Good. Both were being ridden well. The sheriff was handlin' the coiler after an early morning hike. The dude was ripping the skwal and I had the "twin tail" SG. No problems with the board, only my riding for the first bit. Once figured out I was blastin it till the tree trunks were shot.

T.S., the wax is Effin' Fast!

Ink

Thanks :) for the re-assurance guys! You guys certainly know the area and weather expectations better than I. Hearing what you guys are riding makes me feel more comfortable in bringing 'my good stuff' (and it's not like I'll be going in the trees or outback). I'm not ready to pull the trigger (yet) just figured it may be smart to be making a 'Plan B', and (on paper) Wolf Creek is 100% open and driveable from Denver, so was curious about the Carving there.

Always did like the 'Minimum Legal Trigger Pull' though :D

considering the crappy conditions on Friday and they have changed the snow forecast for this weekend, we won't be there tomorrow unless there 2" or more of new overnight... :(

jp1, the only reason I made this comment is that I don't feel like driving 3+ hours if I am only going to ride for 2.5 hours, especially when I have flown over 60,000 miles this year. If I lived closer to the hill, it would be a non-issue.

jp1, the only reason I made this comment is that I don't feel like driving 3+ hours if I am only going to ride for 2.5 hours, especially when I have flown over 60,000 miles this year. If I lived closer to the hill, it would be a non-issue.

Black Betty would have had a good ride yesterday. She missed out on the fun. I would have given her a shake down for you if you couldn't handle her.

The only "bad" spot (just below spillway, nob on the bend) was on Mambo, about as solid ice as we can get in CO. The SG just scratched the surface railing a toeside. It was a beautiful feeling.

Ink

Black Betty would have had a good ride yesterday. She missed out on the fun. I would have given her a shake down for you if you couldn't handle her.

I rode the Hammerhead on Friday (lime-green Virus with a black stripe). It was interesting... With ~2" of camber, the board was full of energy coming after apex-ing turns; too much for "teach-your-friend-how-to-slide-down-the-hill-on-their-a$$-on-bulletproof-conditions-while-taking-up-as-much-of-the-hill-as-possible-and-forgetting-to-teach-them-to-look-up-hill-before-starting" day. Betty would have been a better option, but I only had the HH and Oldy with me...:o

Arrived at 11am, I know Pete,LATE . Nobody there. Groom was just starting to soften to a predictable tooth , extra firm in the shadows. Rode till 1:15 , when the conditions were extremly consistent.

It was like Carvageddon, no one there, the Rapture..........looks like fire cut will be open soon, makbe 2-3 days