Note to New Members ×

Help, my boot is stuck

Allee

I broke my first Intec cable today. I'm quite proud of myself.

Now, however, my boot is stuck on the board, and I have no idea how to get it off. I pulled the liner out and had a look, hoping the cable had broken partway down and there was still enough to pull with some pliers, but it's sheared down below the sole.

I'm sure this has happened to others ... how did you get your boot off?

Allee, total bummer. Did you have to take your foot out and walk to the parking lot in a stocking foot?? I remember a photo on BOL, same thing, broken cable, this guy used his glove for a shoe to get to his car. Pure Comedy

You need to push the pins in with a screwdriver and then slip a credit card or a thin, metal scraper between the intec pin and the receiver to keep the pin retracted. Move over to the other side and push the pin in with a screwdriver, give the boot a tug and it should come out. It helps if you have an extra set of hands.

Ha! I'd just slid in to the lodge to get some water, and I was parked right next to the entrance - I only had to take about six steps in my sock on the rubber mats at the entrance. Thankfully!

Bartron arrives tonight, I can use him for the extra pair of hands in the morning. Thanks for the tip!

future reference and I'm sure this is now obvious. check them every so often.

also, if you have to pull hard to get out then something is wrong, can be a few things, usually if it won't come out for me it's because I'm not stepping down enough on the foot that is still in.

Cable drama bites!!

I found with older heels the lever inside the heel was flexing too much to allow full pin retraction. Kept pulling harder on the cable till it broke, replaced it with cheap bike cable from Malwart and still had trouble in sticky snow.

Went back to the Nitro's.

Next time I'm feelin rich I'll spring for TD3 & Fintecs.

BadBrad, do like me, just run down to your local Alpine Snowboard Shop :lol:OR (if you haven't already) try some of the 'Links/Equipment' on the Main Page here like, All Board Sports, the Starting Gate, or Hardbooter.