Note to New Members ×

Windham 12/23

Erik J

I'm riding Windham tomorrow, would anyone happen to have a spare set of standard bail (not step in) bindings for a fellow carver (my brother is in town) to borrow for the day? I know it's last minute, figured I'd ask if someone will be there anyway. Thanks in advance - I'll check BOL before I leave in the morning.

Hey Erik,

How was Windham? I wish I could have helped you with the bails but I don't have any of that type of equipment any more. I guess this time of year is pretty busy for you but I would like to go up north for a day trip some time next week. I will contact Shawn also and post a time and day. If not I hope to see you at MC. I will be riding alot the next two weeks.

jt

I can go to Windham any day this week but Thursday. I want to go on Friday 1/2/09. The temps this week start off relatively warm and throughout the week get colder. We are suppose to get some snow by the end of the week. I think Friday will be the best day given the fact they can blow more snow toward the middle and end of the week. I think the conditions on Monday or Tuesday won't be that great.

Just got back from Windham....

What's the opposite of hero snow?

I call it humble snow. Just when one think that he made some progress in the world of carving... bam reality check. damn I suck.

It's always amazing to see how good some of the skier/boarder on non-optimal condition.

This is good in a sense that I will keep on trying :)

--

David

Erik J, doubt you would remember but i met you a few years ago at Mountain creek, i was just starting out riding and was on an old burton amp. I wasn't much of a carver.

since i have upgraded to an f2 and have been teaching myself how to carve. i was getting pretty good until an automobile accident last year took away my snowboard season and left me with a pretty messed up knee.

Now a year later, and in much better shape i'm looking to hit the slopes again. went to blue mountain last weekend ( proving to myself i can still ride )

I'm looking to ride with some guys to get some REAL technique and tips, or to just watch someone better than myself and pick up what i can. i have never ridden with any other carvers and would be interested to meet up with you and the other jersey,NY, and PA guys. Not sure what all your riding styles are ( fast, slow, big carves, euro carves ) but i'm down for anything.

im usually around camel and blue.

• 2 weeks later...