Note to New Members ×

Asyms are Rad!

Rob Stevens

i rode my asym f2 beamer today. don.t have any idea the sidecut but it is a 162. i was using my new td3 stepins. the amount of leverage/torque was incredible. i was making turns so sharp my body couldnt cash them a few times. thrown over the front. i can.t ride @ the low angles so i had it set up @ 55/6o. i was able to photo a comparsin between the swoard and the beamer. both toeside turns. i had a videogirl set to go with me but it was to cold, -18 and she backed out. first photo is asym. we are going tomorrow so maybe video to come.:)

Could the smaller sidecut ( i'm guessing ) and softer flex account for the sharper turns ?

Let's see how that works on east coast ice :biggthump

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom read the fine print on your TD3... You have just voided your warranty on your new TD3 by putting them on an asym board.:lol:

Those are TD2's, still allowed I guess?

I'm still having fun on my asym, that's all I care. I won't argue it's better than sliced bread :)

I don't know about Jack or the other Asym haters but my dislike of Asyms is entirely based on the increased swing weight and decreased running length when compared to a symetrical board of the same length there is no way around either of these which is why I will ride the crappy Crazy Creek 151 I have before the Flite 162 that I made and know how well it's constructed

i am in no way saying my Beamer is a great board. if asyms were for sale now i would not buy one. this board will not hold an edge on anything but soft groomers. i rode the Swoard for few hours on the perfect groom and then switched to the F2. i am not a tech person so i cant say why this board acts the way it does. this board "hooks" into a turn so fast some times i start laughing. it is also carbon fiber so it ways almost nothing. the board is also super soft with maybe a centimeter of camber. on this board i can be more dynamic and jump up in air and ride it switch with ease. i doubt it has anything to do asymetric sidecuts, it just happens to be an asym. i know there are new boards that will do this but i just havnt ridden them. cheers.

Tom read the fine print on your TD3... You have just voided your warranty on your new TD3 by putting them on an asym board.:lol:

Pleeeeaaasse guys you can't tell me that you are loving your asyms and would want to ride it all day, all these boards are 15 plus years old. Yeah it might be fun for a run or two, but after that it gets old. I pulled out my old Burton 160 M6 asym and took a few runs with it for the ECES Retro day, 2 runs was enough for me. A Madd 158 will turn just as tight if not tighter and will handle A LOT better. The only new asyms in the market right now are the "The ONE" from pureboarding (unless there are others still making them in Europe). Every thing else is dated technology and will not come close in comparision to any alpine board made today.

Ok I just posted that to stir up the pot:boxing_sm:argue::D

L

Bad example, the madd 158 design is from the 90's as well.