• Mountain Bike
    • Road Bike
    • Golf
    • Motorcycle
    • Wakeboard
    • Surf
    • What's an off-season?!?!

Guest Ghostrider

I've seen alot of posts out there of people discussing what to do in the off-season and I was curious...what is YOUR favorite thing to do in the off-season?

i know he didn't ask this, but i'd like to know the reasons behind all of the off season activity, weather it be, "i'm only 12 so all i caan to is ride my bike around," or "i get to play soccer dad in the summer so my offseason is shot," or if there is some reason we should all be obsessed with what you do. whatever, i'm just curious

I wish I could've picked more than one answer. I love to surf and skate during the summer and snowboard as much as possible. Unfortunately having shoulder surgery pretty much cut everything out this summer...even work. Now I'm stuck at home except when I go to school...BORING.

________

UGGS

A couple of new skateparks have sprung up in WA state lately, so I'm stoked all over again. Last week I helped a guy with some framing on a 6 foot high 24 foot wide mini ramp and we're hoping that'll be ready soon. Would be working on it tomorrow but the weather is lame.

I'm building a 40"x9" deck as soon as the parts get here next week, it should be the summer version of my terrain-park-tailored alpine board. Can't wait to try it out.

Not very related to board sports, but training parrots to 'get air' is almost as satisfying as getting air myself, and some friends and I just made the local news last weekend:

http://www.king5.com/cgi-bin/bi/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/ki_052604Abirdflyingshool.wmv

I'm the long-haired guy pulling a parrot out of his hair near the beginning of the video.

Guest Frappe

I hunt for a job in the offseason ;)

and appreciate the nice, snow-free roads. Now if only there were decent twisty ones in Massachusetts.

Guest Jack1080

I like to fill the kiddie pool with ice cubes and sit in it wearing my GS race suit. Makes me feel all tingly like that time I fell in the parking lot without pants on.

Distance ridiing on a unicycle. This shot is of my 20 inch diameter wheel. I just bought another uni with a 28 inch wheel and my feet wouldn't reach the pedals. I cut the seat post length by 3 1/2 inches and it works fine once I'm up on it but it's a bear to freemount because of the tall seat. Anyhow, it moves along at a fast clip. Just gotta figure out where to mount the speedometer....

unicycle.jpg

Originally posted by NateW

A couple of new skateparks have sprung up in WA state lately, so I'm stoked all over again. Last week I helped a guy with some framing on a 6 foot high 24 foot wide mini ramp and we're hoping that'll be ready soon. Would be working on it tomorrow but the weather is lame.

I'm building a 40"x9" deck as soon as the parts get here next week, it should be the summer version of my terrain-park-tailored alpine board. Can't wait to try it out.

Not very related to board sports, but training parrots to 'get air' is almost as satisfying as getting air myself, and some friends and I just made the local news last weekend:

http://www.king5.com/cgi-bin/bi/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/ki_052604Abirdflyingshool.wmv

I'm the long-haired guy pulling a parrot out of his hair near the beginning of the video.

Hey Nate it doesnt work right now, I musta missed the news that day...LOL...but umm yah its just got a commercial I wanna see it...

________

DEPAKOTE LAWSUITES

When can we skate it? :)

________

Ship sale

Nate they just replayed your video on NWCN . Have you heard of or seen the flock of green parrots in Greenwood/Greenlake?

________

Lolite Vaporizer Review

Originally posted by Ghostrider

Wow! What do you feet a pumpkin that big?!

lots and lots of cow manure.........about 15-20 yards per plant. when there really motoring along, the vine will grow 12" or more a day, and the fruit will put on 25-30lbs a day. you can almost watch them grow!:D