Note to New Members ×

Any small producers for freestyle boards?

MUD

Hey all,

I am looking for a (GASP!) park board....... I am leaning toward a Donek twin (I like Doneks).

Anyone know of any other small companies (made in the US) that make good freestyle boards?

I am really only looking for a play board for bad snow days. NOT a freeride board.

I've always been under the impression that for something so "generic" as a park board, you're best off mainstream. You'll reap the benefits of high volume production and sales.

I mean, I know nobody really likes Burton around here, but they really know what they are doing with their softie boards.

Think of what you need in a park board..Won't break, light enough for tricks. In the alpine world, you're paying for a board that doesn't chatter at speed etc.; that takes a unique builder. Anyone can make a snowboard that won't break, and will work in the park, and get it to you a lot cheaper and more easily than Donek or some other small freestyle builder could.

http://www.novemberboards.com/

This is a small maker in Minnesota. Nice looking boards a lot like Arbors, and it seems that he knows what he's doing. A number of the BOLers here in the Midwest talked to him about construction and what ride characteristics they like as he was looking at making race boards too. He finally decided that he couldn't justify the costs for the small number he'd sell. Not a huge fan of the website, but I think it fits what you are looking for and at a decent price.

Here's another site with some better pictures of his boards.

http://www.wood-veneers.com/gallery39.htm

http://www.novemberboards.com/

This is a small maker in Minnesota. Nice looking boards a lot like Arbors, and it seems that he knows what he's doing. A number of the BOLers here in the Midwest talked to him about construction and what ride characteristics they like as he was looking at making race boards too. He finally decided that he couldn't justify the costs for the small number he'd sell. Not a huge fan of the website, but I think it fits what you are looking for and at a decent price.

Here's another site with some better pictures of his boards.

http://www.wood-veneers.com/gallery39.htm

I totally forgot about November..... I actually know the guy. :freak3:

If you are already looking at Donek, I would go with them. As some have said, you cannot go wrong.

That being said, Never Summer is a great board maker as well. Their park boards are pretty nice. I am not sure if they meet your definition of "small", though.

I recently toured the manufacturing facility of Sentury Snowboards, a small reno company that produces freestyle and backcountry boards (no race decks yet). As far as I could tell the boards are high quality and well made, and i would bet they can do a custom job for a decent price.

I recently toured the manufacturing facility of Sentury Snowboards, a small reno company that produces freestyle and backcountry boards (no race decks yet). As far as I could tell the boards are high quality and well made, and i would bet they can do a custom job for a decent price.

I forgot about that. I had just recently heard about a new ski manufacturer here in town called moment skis and I found the link to Sentry while checking out the web site.

So are we going to see some race boards in their future?