Note to New Members ×

Hey Lovey crew!

Steve Prokopiw

I'm planning to come down for a few days during Thanksgiving week and I'm wondering if you all are going to be on the hill or if you are going to escape the holliday crowds.I was thinking of the day before and the day after turkey day and maybe even that Saturday if it means riding with the biggest group of y'all.

ps,My wife,Maureen,hosts a big Canadian Thanksgiving each year in October so that's the reason I have the OK to come down since we already gave bloated and intoxicated thanks:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some things come up workwise but I am still trying to leave on Tuesday night and ride on Thanksgiving day.I am trying to avoid the serious altitude sickness I encountered the night after our session last year,so I am going to sleep at altitude in Frisco then drive up to Lovey that morning.I screwed up and didn't buy a fourpack in time so if anyone has extra tics to sell I would appreciate it very much.I am hoping to do three or four days of riding including a day at A Basin. Steve

Hey Steve,

One thing you can do to help offset altitude effects is take asprin. The premise is that one's blood thickens with the altitude, less blood flow to the brain creating headaches and other symptoms of altitude sickness. Asprin thins your blood, promoting better, (normal), blood flow. Drinking water does nothing to offset altitude sickness, but you need more hydration at altitude that's why people say to drink lots of water.

Hope to ride with you while you're here.

Don

Feed the addiction...

I won't be driving down today because of an unforseen scam Wells Fargo bank is running on us.I will not have access to the funds I was going to use for this tightly budgeted trip until next week.They arbitrarily and with no notice, decided to put a hold on three quarters of the paycheck I deposited a few days ago.This will trigger overdrafts that they will charge us obscene fees for.There was already a local gal who had this happen and she was hit for 600.00 after having no idea she did not have the money available for her small business. I am going to do my best to expose this terrible practice that is just another way for big business to screw the little guy and get away with it.Wells Fargo has treated us very poorly and if we were not indentured to them for our line of credit for our home remodel and my business(closed my storefront last year)we would not have any accounts there as we have moved everything else out of there to another bank which treats us fairly.

I may still try to come down next week,which might be better for snow anyway.I was really looking forward to this ,for my season jump start as well as for my soul.I will keep you posted on whether I will be coming down next week. Steve